PDA

View Full Version : Weather alert

poppett
04-Dec-11, 12:10
With the current bad weather and folks needing to go to Inverness and beyond for hospital appointments would some king orger please post the link for the cameras southbound so we can check out the situation before setting off? Thank you.

stekar
04-Dec-11, 12:13
Here it is

http://trafficscotland.org/lev/

poppett
04-Dec-11, 12:15
Thank you so much. I had it bookmarked on my lappy, and just couldn`t think what to google. Orgers to the rescue once more. Hope this will help others too. It certainly doesn`t look very good out there today.

Tugmistress
04-Dec-11, 16:15
We're just back from picking a car up and trailering it back from Helmsdale, it's actually not too bad if you are aware of the dangers of snow ice etc, but did see 2 cars on the causewaymire one parked nose down in a ditch and the other on it''s roof.

billmoseley
04-Dec-11, 16:24
Tut some people just don't learn how to park these days:lol:

Torvaig
04-Dec-11, 23:46
Thank you so much. I had it bookmarked on my lappy, and just couldn`t think what to google. Orgers to the rescue once more. Hope this will help others too. It certainly doesn`t look very good out there today.

Just right click on the link provided above and click on "copy shortcut" to put on your desktop; instant!

sandyr1
05-Dec-11, 01:40
We're just back from picking a car up and trailering it back from Helmsdale, it's actually not too bad if you are aware of the dangers of snow ice etc, but did see 2 cars on the causewaymire one parked nose down in a ditch and the other on it''s roof.

Yes on my roof also....a long time ago! Hurts....

pat
05-Dec-11, 07:26
Aye sandyr1
Some folk remember the tyre marks left at first floor window level too, marks there for a very long time!
Is that the one you refer?
You didn't have far to take the car.

sandyr1
05-Dec-11, 14:42
No Pat, that wasn't me/ honestly/ car was from the West side...say no more. The Wall of Death of the side of a house. That was quite an incredible 'accident'. Driver was lucky, very lucky.
Mine was/the worst one that is/ on the West End of the Causewaymire.. went down a dry stone dyke on my roof....lucky is was a Saab with re-inforcing in the roof!.
Them Damned sheep!
Interesting you remember that!

pat
05-Dec-11, 17:31
Going past Miss Ls it was a very very long time before those marks were painted over or were they still there when it was taken down - as you say whoever was the driver had their guardian angel with them at that time, such incredible luck.
Cannot remember the one on the causewaymore - but you sound as if you also had incredible luck - do not blame the sheep, blame the driver, should be prepared for any eventuality, even sheep changing their minds (if they have any minds).

sandyr1
05-Dec-11, 19:30
That car went approx 200 yards in the air and hit our house 12 feet off the road level, Then Miss Ls and ended up on its wheels.

Mine, Oh there was a Struie one also........ prepared me for 'high speed driving' in my profession! In London and Canada. Isn't that a hoot!

Seriously, that Cassiemire is one awful road. As you climb up the hill the black ice gets worse/ many many cars have been off the road there/ seen a couple when I was over in May..No ice at all. Most are low speed tho! For those who don't know and have not experienced it's wrath, 'tis better to go to Latheron than start from lybster.