PDA

View Full Version : Matalan

Moonboots
25-Oct-06, 11:33
Hi,

I dont know if this is a rumour or what but I heard that Matalan is coming to Wick. Its going to be taking over the Somerfield store and are keeping all staff on.

Has anybody else heard this.

willowbankbear
25-Oct-06, 11:37
Its a rumour, half the staff are off to Tesco`s mate

Moonboots
25-Oct-06, 14:44
Maybe it is a rumour then. Its just that I was told by an employee in the place

willowbankbear
25-Oct-06, 14:47
It`s true then, Matalans is coming to Wick

jambo
25-Oct-06, 14:53
u maybe get ur rangers strip from there then willow.

footie chick
25-Oct-06, 14:56
Didn't think they sold stuff that cheap:lol:

Billy Boy
25-Oct-06, 14:59
i didn't think they sold tat in matalan's anyway[lol]

candyfloss
25-Oct-06, 15:02
Maybe it is a rumour then. Its just that I was told by an employee in the place
I know someone who works there too, she knows nothing about it.

molly
25-Oct-06, 15:11
I was told from quite a reliable source that somerfield was taking redundancies in nov and not replacing. possibly moving remaining employees to thurso store.

hobbes1962
25-Oct-06, 15:11
Hi,

I dont know if this is a rumour or what but I heard that Matalan is coming to Wick. Its going to be taking over the Somerfield store and are keeping all staff on.

Has anybody else heard this.

I heard this too a week or so ago but its probably just a rumour:lol:

Islander
25-Oct-06, 15:17
They just took staff on - why would they do that if they were gona make reduncancies a month later?

rfr10
25-Oct-06, 15:41
The last information I recieved from them was that they had no plans for a store in Wick.

willowbankbear
25-Oct-06, 16:08
u maybe get ur rangers strip from there then willow.

No but I heard it was where ye lot were getting yer next manager from, either there or the glitter man.http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8838/2hzqygyor7.jpg

compo
25-Oct-06, 17:25
well i have heard thet the land between tesco and the buisness park had been bought and was going to be a mattalans and other things besides.. well we will see i supose time will tell

Billy Boy
25-Oct-06, 17:36
[quote=willowbankbear;150919]No but I heard it was where ye lot were getting yer next manager from, either there or the glitter man.

lmao........good one..[lol]

jambo
25-Oct-06, 18:32
dont need a manager when romanov picks the team.

rfr10
25-Oct-06, 20:35
I'll tell you what. I will check with Matalan to see what they have to say.

girnigoe
25-Oct-06, 22:33
well i have heard thet the land between tesco and the buisness park had been bought and was going to be a mattalans and other things besides.. well we will see i supose time will tell

I heard this too. If you look at the way they have built the wall at the entrance to Tescos it certainly looks like there is going to be something on the left hand side...............

ice box
25-Oct-06, 22:44
I heard this too. If you look at the way they have built the wall at the entrance to Tescos it certainly looks like there is going to be something on the left hand side...............Yes i hear next is going up beside tesco and thats from a employee thats building tescos . Its great what you hear in the trade . [lol]

girnigoe
25-Oct-06, 22:49
Yes i hear next is going up beside tesco and thats from a employee thats building tescos . Its great what you hear in the trade . [lol]

Thats where I heard it.. Only about Matalan though... Never heard about Next!! I hope its true!! ;)

Woolie
25-Oct-06, 22:55
wELL I HEARD PEACOCKS R TAKING PART OF IT OVER AND THEY HAVE DOWN SOUTH IN A LOT OF THRI STORES.

Fran
26-Oct-06, 00:46
I heard this too. If you look at the way they have built the wall at the entrance to Tescos it certainly looks like there is going to be something on the left hand side...............

What you see there is the entance to tesco petrol pumps with a roundabout,The land to the left belongs to the airport authority.

Fran
26-Oct-06, 00:48
Noticed a lot of "businessmen in smart suits and with briefcases" " in wick Safeway today. I was told that they are going to be giving the store a makeover, but it will be the same store.

rfr10
26-Oct-06, 15:48
Quote from email recieved from Matalan:

Thank you for your enquire, I have not been informed of any plans to
open a new store in Wick, Caithness however I will pass your e-mail onto
our estates for future reference.
Thank you

---

Next have no plans either.

Take a look at http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=9709