PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P 'Dimebag Darrell'

Gizmo
09-Dec-04, 22:26
This is terrible news, i was never a huge Pantera fan but Darrell 'Dimebag' Abbott was one hell of a good guitarist, the world of metal has lost one of it's legends :(

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1494653/12092004/damageplan.jhtml?headlines=true

Giz

zappster
10-Dec-04, 17:29
GUTTED ,ABSOLUTELY SICKENED ,SAD,UPSET ETC.THE WORLDS LOST ANOTHER BIG BIG GUITAR HERO

RIP DIMEBAG :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :( :( :(

samcant
10-Dec-04, 23:45
At least the degenerate garbage that shot him was killed too.

TWO WRONGS MAKE A RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeid
11-Dec-04, 04:06
RIP Darrell

the fact that the shooter was also killed doesn't make anything any better samcant. the tragedy should never of even happened..

a lot of people are gonna point some fingers at Phil Anselmo(who they may think has a connection with it)... especially after the comments made in his interview with Metal Hammer this month

"iDimebag deserves to be beaten severly"

"i have a devoted following that would do anything for me! Anything that i say......"

scary

Stormblast
11-Dec-04, 10:50
Shocking news absolutely stunned and left cold

Also makes you wonder what caused it and the future for gigs anywhere?

Anselmo is a complete numptie and I have no time for him, I haven't read his comments as he has said so much nonsense in the past I won't waste time reading or listening to any off his drivel and that includes his sad sideprojects. I would drop him in Fallujah and leave him so called hardman

Sad times especially after Quorthon's tragic passing too

Gizmo
11-Dec-04, 21:06

Is he the bloke that makes that vegetarian muck?? [lol]

Giz

Jeid
12-Dec-04, 05:05

Anselmo is a complete numptie and I have no time for him, I haven't read his comments as he has said so much nonsense in the past I won't waste time reading or listening to any off his drivel and that includes his sad sideprojects. I would drop him in Fallujah and leave him so called hardman

erm, please inform us of what you mean by " he has said so much nonsense in the past" ???

this was the first time he'd actually commented on why he'd actually left Pantera. the first time we got his side of the story

DM
17-Dec-04, 22:50
Aye sad indeed, I just stared at my pc screen open mouthed when I found out!! I had the pleasure of meeting him years ago and he seemed like a nice guy (through my sheer nervousness!!!)

Another rock musician taken too early :o(

R.I.P. Dimebag

Gizmo
18-Dec-04, 01:45

erm, please inform us of what you mean by " he has said so much nonsense in the past" ???

this was the first time he'd actually commented on why he'd actually left Pantera. the first time we got his side of the story

I dont think Stormblasts comment was actually just referring to the time after Pantera split up, Phil Anselmo is a complete choob and has been involved in some very controversal statements in the past, he's a dumb redneck with a motormouth that never engages his tiny brain before it speaks, i liked Pantera but i could never 'Really' get into them as i just couldnt stand Anselmo.

Stormblast
18-Dec-04, 10:57
spot on Gizmo the guy is a redneck nazi judging from his past comments

as low as that muppet Varg Vikernes in my book

Idlewild
17-Jan-05, 22:53
I just notice this and had to add how gutted I was when I heard.

I saw Pantera many many eons ago and Dimebag was def the reason. Never had time for Anselmo and I never will.

R.I.P Dimebag your time came far too soon.....