PDA

View Full Version : kids

motopitcrew
24-Oct-06, 14:43
why do perfectly sane people have kids. when all they do is cause you grief are they worth all the expence and time that you put in to them. the way they treet me now i dont want them looking after me when im old. kids not worth the bother in my opinion

sapphire
24-Oct-06, 14:56
why do perfectly sane people have kids. when all they do is cause you grief are they worth all the expence and time that you put in to them. the way they treet me now i dont want them looking after me when im old. kids not worth the bother in my opinion

Motopitcrew I'm sorry you seem to be having problems with your kids....but can I please point one important fact here....We do not have children just so that they can look after us when we get old!:(
Our children are the most precious creatures in the world.We give life to them,we tend to them, feed them, clothe them, cuddle,nurse,teach,love, kiss,scold them.......etc etc and on a few occasions we are allowed not to like them very much...but we should always love them no matter what.
All children grow up eventually and those who treat their parents badly will I'm sure have the same favour returned to them given time.

saxovtr
24-Oct-06, 15:09
thats a negative view of having children,i would love 1 and would not expect it to be looking after me when im older thats for sure!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Oct-06, 15:13
To have kids is to play the games that ye had forgot about.The worst bit is when they can cheat just as well as yersel.Aye okay,who oot o' ye lot when ye were banker in Monopoly didnae put a few £500 into yer kitty....I DID!!!!:lol: :lol:

henry20
24-Oct-06, 15:18
Many never get the chance to have kids and you should treasure every moment you have with your kids - you never know how long they will be there for.

Like with everything, kids have their ups and downs - as do the parents, you've just got to try and make sure the ups outweigh the downs. Remember the good times, don't dwell on the bad.

cuddlepop
24-Oct-06, 15:22
Kids are many things and not all of them very nice.:roll:
I dont think you mean you expected them to look after you when you grow old but just to remember your there.motopitcrew.
I'm so angry with one of mine because she just cant see the bigger picture but I know she'll come a croper I'll just have to catch her when she falls.
Families are complicated and kids given halve a chance will take,take take.:~(

saxovtr
24-Oct-06, 15:29
To have kids is to play the games that ye had forgot about.The worst bit is when they can cheat just as well as yersel.Aye okay,who oot o' ye lot when ye were banker in Monopoly didnae put a few £500 into yer kitty....I DID!!!! :lol:

more lek 5000;)

motopitcrew
24-Oct-06, 15:38
I dont expect them to look after me when im old. i just said with the way they treet me now id not want them to.
and if anyone is that desperate for kids take mine you will soon feel the same as me

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Oct-06, 15:45
I dont expect them to look after me when im old. i just said with the way they treet me now id not want them to.

Ye don't want yer kids to look after ye!!!Man, once their oot the door me and the wife are goin' cruisin around the world.Look after me when I'm old they'll have to find me first....could be Australia!!!:lol: :lol:

footie chick
24-Oct-06, 15:49
Ye don't want yer kids to look after ye!!!Man, once their oot the door me and the wife are goin' cruisin around the world.Look after me when I'm old they'll have to find me first....could be Australia!!!

I'm the same as soon as I turn 50 I'm off touring Australia and New Zealand picking apples ;)

mccaugm
24-Oct-06, 16:03
Ye don't want yer kids to look after ye!!!Man, once their oot the door me and the wife are goin' cruisin around the world.Look after me when I'm old they'll have to find me first....could be Australia!!!

I am so with you on that....sadly I will be well into my fifties by then. My youngest is 2 next week. Mind you the older two could babysit if hubby and I decided to go sooner....LOL.:Razz

willowbankbear
24-Oct-06, 16:13

I agree with you .......NOT[disgust] You having a bad day or yer fishing!

brandy
24-Oct-06, 16:30
hun i do know how you feel. there are days i wish i had taken holy vows! *grins* but just think that they really do love youand remember the better times. and think that they will eventually get over their freak fest.. one day.. maybe

Ann
24-Oct-06, 17:36
I'm guessing motopitcrew has teenagers or nearly teenagers. They can be the most selfish mammals put on earth at times!

I don't have any advice I'm afraid as mine didn't give me much bother; at least I didn't know about it if she got up to anything but I've no doubt there will be confessions some day!

I wish you all the best with your "horrors" and take it from me, you will survive; just don't take it personally (I know, easy to say but it's true).

Just remember it is no reflection on you how they act; at a time when hormones are raging all over the place they are hardly sane at times. :confused

And just think, one day they will be parents themselves! ;)

Murchiemannie
24-Oct-06, 17:47
sorry you feel badly done by. Children like dogs are for life. You only get out what you put in and in years to come you will realise that.
Just hang in there and the bad times will pass. The young generation think they can't be told so if a mistake is made just smile and pick up the pieces when things go wrong.Try and always "keep the door open" for them.
Hope you're just having a BAD day.

paris
24-Oct-06, 19:39
I have 4 kids , 16 17 25 and 28. We had some very rough times and still do now and then but i wouldn't be without them...NEVER. I do tell them "i may not always like you but i always love you" They sure do know how to push all the right buttons though. Now some of them have there own kids they say things like, how on earth did you cope mum, but we just do. Having kids is a gift from god and no matter how they annoy you sometimes, just think of the thousands who desperately want them and cant. jan x

motopitcrew
24-Oct-06, 20:13
Please dont take me the wrong way im just blowing off steam maby the wrong place to do it but i have nowhare else to turn.
cant ask my parents for advice as they are nolonger with us.
i do love my kids dearly and i am proud of thair achevements.
those of you that know me will know that anyway.
and id never give them up ever id lay down my life to protect them
thanks for your help

mums angels
24-Oct-06, 20:17
hope you have a better day tommorow, two out of my 3 were driving me mad this evening and eldest was handing out cheek by the bucket load but a spell in their rooms and a cuppa tea for me and they came down with a smile and they were my babies again. Couldn't imagine life without them, they are all i have and are the biggest aceievments of my life.

good luck

danc1ngwitch
24-Oct-06, 20:22
I feel like i was blessed wea ma children. I will support them in all they want to try and do. I will give them the respect they deserve and be the role model they need. We all need to recognize the good in each of us. I laugh with them and at them LoL i play and i find that i need their company. Children i think can teach us all about unconditional love. x

lin
24-Oct-06, 20:32
Motopit crew better days WILL come you may feel bad at the moment but it will get better. Kids go from one extreme to the other, especially teenagers.
Remember your not alone as long as you can type a wee paragraph, Im sure they will always be somone here to listen. Good luck!!!!!!;)

Ann
24-Oct-06, 23:03
Please dont take me the wrong way im just blowing off steam maby the wrong place to do it but i have nowhare else to turn.
thanks for your help

Yes, I know; I've heard you speak proudly of them and you have a great rapport with them. Hang in there, tomorrow is another day and don't worry about coming on here having a moan; it's what we are here for. You have friends here.

cheers :)

sapphire
24-Oct-06, 23:10
I'm sorry Motopitcrew ...my reply to your post was a bit harsh!
I just didn't read your post as a shout for help............I'm very passionate about chidren,you could probably tell!

brandy
24-Oct-06, 23:13
i count my children as a blessing as well but there are days they drive me absolutley around the bend.
i have never met a parent yet that have not had an off day, and roared at their kids.. or just told them to get lost and leave them in peace for 5 min.
im sorry but all this i will always be their for my children and i would never think of my children this way is nonsence.. of course you will always be there for your kids.. but lets face it .. they are not angels.. none of them.. and no matter how much you respect them and they respect you. there will be times they push your buttons. stretch their limits and completley disregard everything you say..
cause lets just face it.. by the time they are old enough to talk back.. they know it all.. you mom or dad are old.. and things are just not like what it use to be.. and you cant understand what they are feeling .. and have no clue what they are going thru.. cause lets face it.. obviously we were NEVER that age.. we did not have the same problems.. and the world was not crashing down around us on a daily basis...

all we as parents can do is try to teach or kids right from wrong.. love them..
accept that they are not the perfect little angels we want to belive them to be. and when they are teetering at the cliffs edge of hormones and emotions.. and we are ready to just toss them over and get it over with.
well ... just think one day they will be parents and you can sit back and say ..
I told you so! *winks*

but we all go thru it.. just something we have to deal with.. and when all else fails walk away.. send them to their rooms.. and take a breather..

squidge
24-Oct-06, 23:17
Motopitcrew

Wait til they are asleep then go sneak a peek in at them. Big as they might be they all look like angels when they are asleep. Be careful though - once made the mistake of tucking my 17 year old in one night - i only just touched his face but i startled him so much he yelled in turn startling me so i yelled and woke the whole house up - ho humm

brandy
24-Oct-06, 23:22
omg .. that is so great squidge! they do look like angels when they are asleep.. i have to admit.. sometimes i like to sneek into the boys rooms and have a look.. amazing how calm and peacful my two year old looks.. cause when hes awake hes a human cyclone!
just be glad he didnt grab you for a snog thinking you were his girl!

i did once feed my brother a hotdog in his sleep.. amazing watching him eat it!
thinking back not the safest idea..
but teenagers are not the most clever or creatures at times!

my 3 year old climbs in bed with me every morning.. and wil lay there for about 5-10 min before making sure mommy isnt sleeping.. i love that time when we can just snuggle..

maverick
24-Oct-06, 23:28
see me I love kids! but i couldn't eat a whole one..

paris
25-Oct-06, 09:02
thanks for your help

Morning MPC,
Do you still feel like killing them today? When one of ours has been a git at some stage i usually get the silent treatment, or a nasty text message from the ones that dont live at home. One of mine a lad, is very stubborn like me so we clash all the time, all i ever try to do is advise him where his kids are concerned but i get told im poking my nose in his life, why then does he ask for my opinion. He moans at us because we have motorbikes and wear leathers and says we shouldn't be doing it at our age....im 46 :roll: What they dont think of is mum and dad need a life aswell without all the snide comments and the why do you want to go/do that and what their mates think of us. I couldn't care what anyone thinks, ive done my job of bringing my kids up and still are doing it so just let us have a life aswell thank-you. I also dont have parents around to ask so you just have to do the best you can and ask your org friends for advice and let of steam now and again.Were all here for you remember that. jan x

motopitcrew
25-Oct-06, 09:23
Thanks for helping me get through the day yesterday.
this morning my son asked if i can take him to the doctor as he has problems with anger. and that its not me he is angry with (altho its me that gets it).
today is another day lets hope its a good one.
i shuld of been more understanding, espesualy as he is recovering from hurting himself in a accident at the moto/x at the weekend.
he hurt his knee and cracked some ribs, but he got up against my advice and finished the race. giving him enough points to win the grampion championship.
he is 15 and i am verry proud of him, my younger son just turnd 13 and is a piper in local pipe band and i feel great pride in him to.

I just had a bad day

squidge
25-Oct-06, 09:36
Well we all have them MPC but thats what makes the good days soooooooo good cos we know how bad it can be.

cuddlepop
25-Oct-06, 09:43
Lifes difficult at the best of times for our kids and when there hurting they usually take it out on us,its because they know they can.
My son moved out when my parner appeared on the scene.He's having to move back because he's know where else to go.He's said some nasty things to us both in the past but because he's mine he's forgiven.
You'll have your good days and bad some of which will run into weeks.It does get better and the teenage years are the worst.My son's 19 now and just turning into a nice younge man,although I'm sure we'll have our moments.:eek:
The org is one of the best sounding boards I've found ,its like an extended friend that goes right round the world.[lol]

girnigoe
25-Oct-06, 09:52
When Im having a day when the kids are getting me down a bit. This is what I do.

I sit down with a cup of tea and watch 'Supernanny'.

Then I realise my own trio are actually little angels!!!! :grin:

snowyone
25-Oct-06, 10:11
i have kids too and i know how you must feel, if its not the oldest one its her brother one at 16 and the other 12 so i know more is to come. I felt really bad the other day when my son was playing up he can be really horrible then he has forgotten all about it as if nothing happened and i still feel bad. you get over one hurdle then some time later something else happens and back to world war again. i only hope that in years to come i have done as i hoped and my kids grow in to decent respectable adults ;) . Maybe, hopefully that day will come without too much hurt on either party, and they might look back and see what its all about. Then i will be the one who has to go through it like my mum is with me and her grandchildren (vicious circle) :~(.

snowyone
25-Oct-06, 10:27
I have an email i would love to put on here but i dont know how anyone explain in simple easy to follow terms :roll:

henry20
25-Oct-06, 10:36
do you know how to copy & paste? PM me and I'll talk you through it.

lin
25-Oct-06, 15:18
I am so glad things are a bit better today. We should have a thread called rant and rave, I am sure we would all use it. Look after yourself Motopitcrew.:roll: :lol:

Fran
26-Oct-06, 01:14
There is a saying ...you always hurt the one you love most...and maybe this is why our kids can be so nasty to us, even after they have flown the nest.Make the most of them while you have them at home, its horrible when they leave the nest, and then you wish you had done things differently but its too late. My two left home some years ago and I miss them very much as i am on my own now. If only we could turn the clock back!