PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Oil central heating

luke83
30-Nov-11, 19:33
Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to change central heating from oil to electricity? (I would be paying a firm to do this, not doing it myself.)

mi16
30-Nov-11, 19:55
that would depend on the tye of electric heating you install and the size of your gaff

david
30-Nov-11, 20:25
Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to change central heating from oil to electricity? (I would be paying a firm to do this, not doing it myself.)

I put in a 9kw electric boiler-wet radiators and was very expensive to heat the house-£160 pcm and that was a tiny one bed. We are going to put an oil boiler in.

luke83
30-Nov-11, 21:49
that would depend on the tye of electric heating you install and the size of your gaff

I was thinking electric storage heaters, a 3 bed modern detached bungalow.

Dialyser
30-Nov-11, 21:53

Unless they have improved a lot in the last few years, I would suggest staying well clear of them. In my experience they are not that cheap to run and one of the biggest drawbacks is you have too much heat in the morning and then next to nothing in the evenings.

luke83
30-Nov-11, 21:58
Oh dear. Does anyone know of any better options?? No gas available in area.

Dialyser
30-Nov-11, 22:02
To be honest I would have thought you would be better sticking with oil. I know it is not cheap and the price has gone up a lot in recent years, but I can't think of a better/cheaper solution if mains gas isn't a option.

I have the same problem :~(

luke83
30-Nov-11, 22:08
Thanks. Sob sob

Corrie 3
30-Nov-11, 22:16
Unless they have improved a lot in the last few years, I would suggest staying well clear of them. In my experience they are not that cheap to run and one of the biggest drawbacks is you have too much heat in the morning and then next to nothing in the evenings.
Thats not true these days, they get topped up during "off peak" periods in the daytime......ring Hydro and ask about THTC options, I found them very helpful!!!

C3...............;)

juniper
30-Nov-11, 23:04
There is air source thats air to air or air to water