PDA

View Full Version : Is your trampoline away now?!

Tugmistress
29-Nov-11, 18:56
WARNING!
What did i say about only going 2 day forecasts as everything is all change totally at the moment?! lol
UPDATE FOR WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY ........
during wednesday afternoon another deep low is forming off Cape Wrath again, and by midnight on wednesday we are liable to be experiencing some gale force winds again from the west and veering to the northwest before they ease off during thursday morning. They are liable to be gusting to 80mph again in exposed areas!

pat
29-Nov-11, 19:27
Thanks Tugs
Will be going out to buy some milk tomorrow morning as ferries will probably be off again - thanks for the warning.
Shops have not got stocked up yet after our last few breezes!

Corrie 3
29-Nov-11, 19:44
Thanks for the warning Tuggs.....am I right in thinking that these storms are about a month late this year? Shouldn't we be getting the ice, frost and snow by now?

C3........;)

Iffy
29-Nov-11, 19:49
Thanks Tuggs....I always rely on your forecasts !! :)

Alice in Blunderland
29-Nov-11, 22:09
Thanks for the warning don't want scrambled eggs again for breakfast. Will go and make double sure the hen shed is secure !! :lol:

Tugmistress
29-Nov-11, 22:10
Corrie, yes you are about right, since i started getting interested in the weather and started noticing stuff, our 'first' snow dusting is usually around the 11th november and then come this time we are usually around 5 or 6c max in temps and clearer nights for frost.

Tugmistress
29-Nov-11, 22:11
Thanks for the warning don't want scrambled eggs again for breakfast. Will go and make double sure the hen shed is secure !! :lol:

lol Alice, i don't blame you, scrambled are good when you want them but not so good raw!

rich62_uk
29-Nov-11, 22:23
How high was the winds a week or so ago up here ? Our tramp is tied down not sure if I should take it down or leave it be ?

Tugmistress
29-Nov-11, 22:30
rich, i clocked 76.2mph at the weekend, dunbeath clocked 78.2mph

Moira
29-Nov-11, 22:37
Many thanks Tuggs, the Inverness area & driving north today was not pleasant. Your updates are very much appreciated. :)

Dadie
29-Nov-11, 23:27
Our trampoline had to be rescued from the washing line on Sunday!
And is now collapsed for the winter (it folds down) but needs some repairs.
A new washing line is needed too....
I will watch out for wheelie bin races though!
As for hanging out washing......I will forget that for a laugh.

rich62_uk
30-Nov-11, 00:24
Thanks Tugs will leave it be then as it was just fine.

adi1
01-Dec-11, 13:59
Merely a slight breeze, just shows how weather forecasting can be so difficult

Loraine
01-Dec-11, 15:25
Merely a slight breeze, just shows how weather forecasting can be so difficult

I wouldn't call gusts of 45-50mph a slight breeze!! :lol:

Tugmistress
01-Dec-11, 21:16
At least i was wrong the wrong way :)

George Brims
02-Dec-11, 01:11
Did one of you pack up that wind and send it over here last night? Parts of Southern California got blown to you-know-where and back again. Nothing much where I live but was in Pasadena for work this morning and there were trees down all over the place - hundreds altogether apparently. A lot of streets were blocked by fallen trees and poles. Saw one really tall palm tree (around 50 feet) which is now just a giant toothpick. The whole head snapped off and was two doors down, blocking a driveway. Coming back there were bits of the freeway where there were green lines of tree debris between the lanes.
More forecast for tonight apparently, and our area is supposed to get it. Already have the umbrella and the plastic chairs packed away!

silverlady
02-Dec-11, 15:04
Any truth in rumours of gale force winds and snow coming today/tomorrow?

Tugmistress
02-Dec-11, 15:26
Yeah it's going to be a bit windy again over the weekend, worst of it tomorrow, gusting around 55mph from a westerly direction, any snow will not be huge amounts to disrupt traffic but the freezing temperatures will lead to dangerous driving conditions.
copied below my forecast from last night that's on the facebook page

Ok, the charts *seem* to have settled down a bit so i will chance a forecast through until Monday! - subject to change lol
friday - wind, starting off almost windless, building to gusting about 40mph as the evening progresses so nothing new there, a very cold dry start so get the de icer out ready for the morning, temperatures buidling up nicely to about 8c ish by tea time then cooling off again, the afternoon and later will get quite damp and showery but i don't think it'll be a downpour.
Saturday - Wind from the westerly then NW gusting to around 50mph in exposed areas, a good chance of sleet/snow showers most of the day on and off some heavy, temps maybe getting 3c if we're lucky
Sunday - stays windy until about lunch time then easing off, wind more towards NW and Northerly brrrrrr, still sleet and snow showers in the morning but getting drier and brighter as the day goes out in to evening, another icy cold night
Monday - Brassic !!!!!!!!!! Wind will just charge straight through you! icy, frosty and not nice in general but at least it should be a bit sunnier! though temps wont go much above 2c ish.

Alice in Blunderland
03-Dec-11, 10:09
Hen shed intact however ....satellite dish in orbit lol

Noisy night last night !!!

poppett
03-Dec-11, 10:55
Noisy night last night between the wind howling and the sea roaring. This morning the garden is full of rubbish (again) and we can taste the salt from the sea on the wind as the breaker waves crash onto the rocks below the caravan site. Cosy in the house though so not complaining.

Tugmistress
03-Dec-11, 11:30
Never heard a thing during the night lol i sleep through anything! all the windows have salt spray on them here

annemarie482
03-Dec-11, 11:43
was up until 3am (im a bad sleeper) wind was fierce! windows vibrating and kids climbing frame blew away.
anyone else see/hear the thunder and lightening last night?!

annmarie
03-Dec-11, 16:57
yes wheellie bin went walk about again

Nettie
04-Dec-11, 16:31
How high was the winds a week or so ago up here ? Our tramp is tied down not sure if I should take it down or leave it be ?

I travelled down to Inverness on the train last week and saw a large trampoline wedged between the rail line and the embankment! so I would recommend you take it down :-)