PDA

View Full Version : Courier

Beat Bug
29-Nov-11, 10:16
Has anyone else experienced problems with Hermes Courier? We booked and paid for 2 parcels to be collected from us. They were to have been picked up last Friday, but they didn't turn up. When we checked on line using the tracking number, it said 'Post Code Error'. We contacted Interparcel, (we booked through them) and they said the driver couldn't find us, so it was re-booked for yesterday. Again, no show. So we phoned to find out what was going on, and was once again told the driver spent 2 days looking for us! Must be some sort of idiot, as he had delivered to us only a few days before! Won't be using them again, and certainly won't recommend them to anyone else!

theone
29-Nov-11, 10:45
We've had lots of problems from Couriers, especially when picking up parcels.

The problem seems to be because you don't deal directly with the main courier, but with another company, interparcel etc, and wires get crossed somewhere between companies.

Getting pick-ups through Next/Debenhams etc is an absolute nightmare. I've had several replacements for damaged goods delivered, with the driver having no record of a pickup to return the originals.

Kodiak
29-Nov-11, 13:55
Perhaps you should have used Royal Mail and not a courier. Personally I would never use any courier to deliver a packet or parcel of mine, always The Royal Mail.

Dadie
29-Nov-11, 14:18
Yes had probs with them too.
There was a quite a big thread on here about them about this sort of time last year!

the boss
29-Nov-11, 22:04
This thread is ironic,were about to loose home delivery,well just wait till the couriers start doing e clubby parcels. Boy o boy then youlll know mayham. ACT NOW SAVE HOME DELIVERY.
[disgust]

catran
30-Nov-11, 19:48
Try Jamie Miller, heard they were good.

Beat Bug
30-Nov-11, 23:22
We wanted to use a local courier, but they say they don't do collections from here. Odd thing is, the one that let us down delivered to us only a few days earlier! Think I'll stick with Royal Mail!