PDA

View Full Version : What's your job?

Lolabelle
24-Oct-06, 04:56
I was reading the thread about how you all became to be living where you are, and started wondering about what everyone does for a living. So... what do you do?
As most would know, Dave and I have a transport business. I do bookwork and he is now a pain, (also know as the Transport Maggot {Magnate} around here). He doesn't have a truck to drive anymore, so he hangs around here, hogging the computer, watching telly and yacking on the phone, oh and looking over my shoulder. :~(

Wizzbang
24-Oct-06, 05:21
Electrical Engineer on an offshore support vessel.
In the North sea after a spell out in Nigeria not an experience I would like to repeat

paris
24-Oct-06, 07:42
:Razz Cleaner/domestic/babysitter/ chambermaid/ cook/taxi driver/animal feeder/ poop scooper/ car mechanic/decorator/ the list goes on ! yes im an at home mum and nan. jan x when i did work i was in nursing and worked for the R.S.P.C.A .

neepnipper
24-Oct-06, 08:04
Just starting my new job working for Pets at Home. Training 2 days this week and 2 days next week, then a weekend down in Inverness, really excited!

lassieinfife
24-Oct-06, 09:12
like the sound of that neepnipper.......congrats and good luck............ me i'm a nhs cook in local hospital in Fife:eek:

squidge
24-Oct-06, 10:25
I push paper around and deal with grumpy and uncooperative colleagues

brandy
24-Oct-06, 10:29
i work at homebase *grins*

emszxr
24-Oct-06, 11:41
i am a slave, to my kids, hubby, house and pets

saxovtr
24-Oct-06, 11:58
in between jobs awaiting word back from viewpoint sales ltd,also signature maker for websites[lol]

Kolskegg
24-Oct-06, 12:29
Keyboard jockey.

rockchick
24-Oct-06, 12:34
The clue is in the name...I'm a geologist.

Ricco
24-Oct-06, 13:42
I teach IT to the wee neeps of the world. :D

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Oct-06, 14:04
I teach IT to the wee neeps of the world. :D

Neeps...thats funny cos thats a part o' ma job too.Ma job drives me bananas all the time,but satisfaction is always seeing a nice pair....sorry....pear!!!:lol:

canuck
24-Oct-06, 14:12
Neeps...thats funny cos thats a part o' ma job too.Ma job drives me bananas all the time,but satisfaction is always seeing a nice pair....sorry....pear!!!:lol:

Neeps are part of my job too. They are a main component of the many church dinners I attend. On the wider food front, I deal more with bread and wine than bananas and pears, although I teach about apples and fish from time to time.

cuddlepop
24-Oct-06, 15:13
Very funny Canuck :lol:
Me I cook and clean at the hospital and advocate in my spare time.:)

Billy Boy
24-Oct-06, 15:20
i drive a l.g.v for a living,and watch the 3 stoges on tv and get paid for it[lol]

midi2304
24-Oct-06, 15:48
I work for an online company that sells DJ equipment and I DJ in bars and clubs in Aberdeen of an evening. I used to DJ in Liquid in Thurso.

jings00
24-Oct-06, 15:52
i do volunteer work with alzheimers scotland and am a sessional youth worker too. Also help to look after ma elderly mam and disabled brother.

rfr10
24-Oct-06, 16:02
Not sure if these are classed as "jobs" but I'm on the Big Lottery Fund, Young Peoples Fund panel for the Highlands and 3 other things to do with Youth things. Excuse my wording.

Murchiemannie
24-Oct-06, 18:10
I'm a domestic "godess".

Sporran
24-Oct-06, 18:12
I deal with crowns and crystals, stones and claws! :cool:

paris
24-Oct-06, 18:49
I'm a domestic "godess".

I think thats what i ment to say ! LOL jan x:lol:

mums angels
24-Oct-06, 20:43
never had a job in my life (other than looking after my 3 kids) went from school to mum with nothing in between and whats even worse is that i'm 25 and when its time to get a job (when youngest is in school) i have no idea on what i want to do :~(

hubby works as a offshore Mechanic and seems to like the job (well until they sent him to africa)

sweetpea
24-Oct-06, 20:59
[quote=mums angels;150664]never had a job in my life (other than looking after my 3 kids) went from school to mum with nothing in between and whats even worse is that i'm 25 and when its time to get a job (when youngest is in school) i have no idea on what i want to do :~(

There are people that can give you guidance about what you want to do, but you have a wealth of experience from looking after kids. I bet you have so many skills like budgetting and paying bills, dealing with schools and organising things for your kids and loads more. I met a woman once who was in same boat as you and thought she had nothing to offer not to mention that her kids undermined her confidence at times, coming home in playground mode saying things like what do you know about....Go for it, get yourself out there when the time is right!