PDA

View Full Version : X Factor

Tilly Teckel
26-Nov-11, 23:52
Hey, I just realised we haven't had an X Factor thread yet this year (boo say some, yay say others!), so I thought I'd start us off.

We had the quarter-finals tonight, with each act singing twice. It's getting down to the wire, so who do you think is still in with a chance??

For my two-pennorth, I'd like to see Amelia Lilly win it but have a feeling that Misha or Marcus will...

Loraine
26-Nov-11, 23:55
Gotta be Marcus - all the way! He really stood out tonight for me and I think he's definitely the one to watch........;)

Kodiak
27-Nov-11, 00:06
X-Factor.......You mean it is on again...........I never noticed :roll:

toffee_pie
27-Nov-11, 00:08
x factor is for brain dead people, most pointless tripe on tv ever..

up there with the pete andre programs on itv

golach
27-Nov-11, 00:10
Whats X factor, an sun cream? should that not be Factor X

gleeber
27-Nov-11, 00:12
I never watch it but I know its very popular. I was flicking tonight and I watched a woman singer for about 30 seconds. I didnt think she was vey good. It must generate millions into the econommy. Got to be a good thing.

Tilly Teckel
27-Nov-11, 00:30
Ooooh, judgements! I am surprised!

Each to their own, I say :p

mi16
27-Nov-11, 00:39
The failures from these shows by far out number the success stories.
To be honest I think it has run its course, I cant be bothered to watch it any more.

Tilly Teckel
27-Nov-11, 00:50
I do agree that not many get lasting 'success' from the show but that's always been the way. For me, it's more about the competition. To watch someone go from one of thousands of applicants to the last man (or woman) standing... I enjoy the process. I love singing and have very eclectic tastes. With the X Factor I can have a good old sing-along and be entertained every weekend. Good stuff!

mi16
27-Nov-11, 01:09
The thing with the singing now is I find myself grumbling that "it isnt a patch on the original" and then feeling a bit annoyed by their poor singing. I quite liked that Janet girl at the start but she bugs the s**t out of me now.

JamesMcVean
27-Nov-11, 01:12
Think it went down hill (if it was ever up hill) when they never put thro the lass from fife.

Watched a bit of the American X Factor this afternoon and they appear to be of a far higher calibre.

Kevin Milkins
27-Nov-11, 04:33
Think it went down hill (if it was ever up hill) when they never put thro the lass from fife.

Watched a bit of the American X Factor this afternoon and they appear to be of a far higher calibre.

I didn't watch the week that she went, but I agree and thought she was a very talented girl and enjoyed listening to her.

I don't think it was her lack of singing ability that the judges didn't like but the fact she wasn't willing to conform to what they believe to be style. She had her own and wanted to stick to it.

I think Misha B will win it.

Loraine
27-Nov-11, 09:33
I don't think it was her lack of singing ability that the judges didn't like but the fact she wasn't willing to conform to what they believe to be style. She had her own and wanted to stick to it.

I agree - she had an amazing voice but her image wasn't 'right' for the x-factor. If they had put her through she'd have had to lose a ton of weight - which is what Craig Colton did - to fit the criteria for a 'pop star'. It's a shame it's become so fake. The fact is obese people can still do well in the music industry - look at Adele for example - she has an amazing voice........:)

mi16
27-Nov-11, 11:41
I agree - she had an amazing voice but her image wasn't 'right' for the x-factor. If they had put her through she'd have had to lose a ton of weight - which is what Craig Colton did - to fit the criteria for a 'pop star'. It's a shame it's become so fake. The fact is obese people can still do well in the music industry - look at Adele for example - she has an amazing voice........:)

They are the exceptions to the rule though, how many other current artists do you know that are fatties?