PDA

View Full Version : Doggie mess !!!

danc1ngwitch
23-Oct-06, 17:51
I was walking last night and i got this horrid smell before i saw the huge Poo few yards ahead of me. It was all over the pavement what a mess. Why can dog owners not just drag da dogs onto the road. I am sure they won't mind gettin their butt's dragged onta the road, but US mums do mind when we have to clean prams and shoe's.. Yuck Yuck!!!

Mr P Cannop
23-Oct-06, 18:14
I was walking last night and i got this horrid smell before i saw the huge Poo few yards ahead of me. It was all over the pavement what a mess. Why can dog owners not just drag da dogs onto the road. I am sure they won't mind gettin their butt's dragged onta the road, but US mums do mind when we have to clean prams and shoe's.. Yuck Yuck!!!

that happend to me today going up dunnet road in thurso today at 11am

Rheghead
23-Oct-06, 18:22
The dog could have been accidently on e loose.

Mr P Cannop
23-Oct-06, 18:36
The dog could have been accidently on e loose.

don't think so i have seen a few owners let their dogs do their busniess and not even clean up after their dogs

Moggy Cattermole
23-Oct-06, 18:59
don't think so i have seen a few owners let their dogs do their busniess and not even clean up after their dogs

My mate had a neighbour whose Dog was fouling his path and although my mate complained no action was taken by the Dog owner until said mate started depositing the mess on his neighbours path, neighbour complains and gets the retort ..

"You paid for what went in therefore you own what comes out"

End of Problem.

Murchiemannie
23-Oct-06, 19:05
don't they have "doggie bins" in Caithness for owners to deposit the dogs pooh in? If they don't dispose of it and you know who's dog "dun it" scoop it up and leave it on their doorstep. After a few times of doing this those irresponsible dog owners will get the message.

Rheghead
23-Oct-06, 19:09
don't they have "doggie bins" in Caithness for owners to deposit the dogs pooh in? If they don't dispose of it and you know who's dog "dun it" scoop it up and leave it on their doorstep. After a few times of doing this those irresponsible dog owners will get the message.

Give the Dogwarden (an org member) a pm and he will do summat about it.:confused

pultneytooner
23-Oct-06, 19:18
Make it compulsory for the dogs to have nappies on.[lol]

http://www.greenfingers.com/images/superstore/LP4024D_s.jpg

lynne duncan
23-Oct-06, 19:18
agree with Rheghead about the dog warden, who is going to hopefully help get dog bins(not for the dogs but for their poos) for our local path

If you know of an area that could use one of these then as above email her or phone the council service point and request a dog bin to be installed.

Also as a mother just past pram stage I can sympathise with problems, instead of bypassing the poo, pick it up and bin it yourself, Or as above return it to the owner

Saxo01
23-Oct-06, 19:29
You cant exactly drag da dog onto da road, But yes it should be picked up by the dogs owner as has been posted on here many times

pultneytooner
23-Oct-06, 19:34
You cant exactly drag da dog onto da road, But yes it should be picked up by the dogs owner as has been posted on here many times
E' dowg or e' doggie doo?[lol]

Saxo01
23-Oct-06, 19:43
E doo doo doo da da da da

Wizzbang
24-Oct-06, 04:52
Find the dog owner and rub his nose in it

Wizzbang
24-Oct-06, 04:54
or hers (nose that is )

Lolabelle
24-Oct-06, 05:04
We have 4 neighbours who do not keep thier dogs in thier own yards and consequently I have 4 lots of dog poo on my front path. I have spoken to them and said that I have quite enough poo to pick up with 2 large dogs of my own and I resented picking up other peoples dog's poo too. You know what happened? Nothing, they didn't apologise, lock up the dogs or even pick up the poo. One lady did offer to pick up her dogs poo but as she had just had an operation to remove a tumor I said not to worry. What's one extra????
I hate it. But other that causing a riot, I don't know what else to do.
Aahh, that's better, needed a good ole rave about that!

Wizzbang
24-Oct-06, 05:15
Maybe a riot is what is needed. Well not literally but it is illegal for owners to let their dogs foul the paths.
I agree no one should have to pick up excrement after an irresponsible dog owner.
Keep complaining to the authorities they will have to take notice eventually
Sad to say these things happen. ASBOs there’s a new FLA (like a TLA but with 4 letters) anyway I wonder if they apply?
I sympathise completely but then I don’t think animals should be kept as pets

JAWS
24-Oct-06, 07:08
Just be grateful people don't keep elephants as pets.

Jeid
24-Oct-06, 11:21
For people who have seen Me, Myself and Irene... take Jim Carey's approach to the problem ;)

danc1ngwitch
24-Oct-06, 17:02
why not drag da dog onta da road ??? better dog havin been dragged and poo disturbed than a child loosin their eye sight.. By heck LoL ...

danc1ngwitch
24-Oct-06, 17:04
Just be grateful people don't keep elephants as pets.

One word INDEED!!! LoL.

percy toboggan
24-Oct-06, 20:35
I came across a dollop whilst driving my motor the other day it could have been deposited by a horse! It was fresh, and still steaming in the middle of a quiet road.

I treated it as a mini roundabout.

danc1ngwitch
25-Oct-06, 19:22
I came across a dollop whilst driving my motor the other day it could have been deposited by a horse! It was fresh, and still steaming in the middle of a quiet road.

I treated it as a mini roundabout.

Oh My goodness, sometimes the most simple of words make u laugh.
I had a vision in ma head about u treatin this as a mini roundabout. LoL