PDA

View Full Version : Da doonie day

pottheed
25-Nov-11, 14:42
I was wondering if anyone knew where the "vikings" are starting from in wick tonight??

thanks

spaceddaisy
25-Nov-11, 15:36
Starts from the norseman at 18.30. Torches lit about 19.10 when procession had moved to corner of high and bridge street.

mrsC2011
25-Nov-11, 18:27
Is it still on with this weather as it seems to be chucking it down

brandy
25-Nov-11, 18:39
the town is dead at the moment.. not really seeing anybody about.. but we are open.. if anyone is down and wanting in out of the cold for a few moments *laughs*

Blondie
26-Nov-11, 09:32
So what did fireworks have to do with the vikings then???? Another horrendous night with a terrified dog [disgust]

rainbow
26-Nov-11, 13:12
It was a great night - didn't even notice the rain. The Vikings were great and it was brilliant to see something different in the town.

LENSMAN
26-Nov-11, 14:40
So what did fireworks have to do with the vikings then???? Another horrendous night with a terrified dog [disgust]
You could say what have Vikings got to do with Christmas trees.
Can sympathise with a scared dog but there are ways of training them not to be scared.
A good night, fairly livened the town up even with the rain.

bluechesse
27-Nov-11, 04:06
I thought it was really fantastic to see something different about the town. I hope all the local businesses that stayed open late got a bit of extra trade, and I sincerely hope that the effort put in by all on such a horrendous evening is appreciated by the majority. Well done to all involved,in my opinion at least, it was a spectacular event held together under very poor conditions. Well done to the local businesses who donated their time and resources to make this possible.

wicker05
27-Nov-11, 13:12
I thought it was really fantastic to see something different about the town. I hope all the local businesses that stayed open late got a bit of extra trade, and I sincerely hope that the effort put in by all on such a horrendous evening is appreciated by the majority. Well done to all involved,in my opinion at least, it was a spectacular event held together under very poor conditions. Well done to the local businesses who donated their time and resources to make this possible.

Well said Bluechesse.

Here's one of the photo's I took on the night. www.flickr/photos/wicker05 (http://www.flickr/photos/wicker05)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7148/6401953653_f0db01151b_b.jpg

craftyman
27-Nov-11, 21:04
The Event was organised by Thurso Rotary Club with the assistance of Wick Rotary and Thurso High School Interact Club, the event was sponsored by a number of local businesses without thier assistance it would not be possible. The two Lerwick jarl squads fron 2010 &2011 were brillient, as they visited the local schools during the day and of course during the torch pressession and the entertainment in the norsman hotel afterwards.
The weather was poor but i'm sure it didn't dampen the event too much!

well done to all who attended and took part in the Da Doonie day 2011!!