PDA

View Full Version : Caithness FM Toy Appeal

Don Quixote
08-Dec-04, 20:20
Caithness FM are once again launching their Christmas Toy Appeal.

We are looking for new unwrapped toys suitable for children of all ages. (Gift tokens would be welcomed for older children).

All toys received will be distributed to children within Caithness who otherwise may receive very little on Christmas Day.

Gifts should be brought to the Caithness FM Studio at Neill Gunn Drive, Thurso, any evening between 7 pm and 12 midnight and on Saturday between 2 pm and 4 pm.

Thank you in advance.

apollo69
08-Dec-04, 23:02
Where do the toys go? Just curious.

2little2late
08-Dec-04, 23:18
Where do the toys go? Just curious.

All toys received will be distributed to children within Caithness who otherwise may receive very little on Christmas Day.

apollo69
09-Dec-04, 23:17
That doesn't really answer my question! How do they decide who gets them etc. etc.

Viva Diva
13-Dec-04, 21:10
The presents are taken to Wick Social Workers and they distribute them. Caithness FM promote the appeal and collect as much as they can then the Social Workers do the rest. It's a really good thing to do. :o)

girnigoe
13-Dec-04, 22:20
Is there anywhere I can leave some parcels for the appeal in Wick?

I would really like to donate but I cant get up to Thurso at the moment.

Don Quixote
13-Dec-04, 23:23
Nothing arranged for uplifting in Wick at the moment.

Will try and fix something.

Watch this space.

girnigoe
13-Dec-04, 23:39
How about Wick Social Work Department if they distribute them anyway?

Don Quixote
15-Dec-04, 14:05
Somerfield in Wick have agreed to collect any toys/gifts until Sunday 19th and then they will be picked up on Monday and delivered to Wick Social Services Department.

In the past MFR have done the Toy Appeal for the north and have arranged collection points at various locations. This year we have had no notification of the MFR Toy Appeal and have belatedly started to do our own.

Next year Caithness FM will do better and arrange more local collection points.

Thanks to anyone putting gifts into those in need.