PDA

View Full Version : What do you have on in the background?

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 19:07
This is not a trick or rude thread!(I do not want to know the colour of your smalls...honestly! )

When I'm on the org I usually listen to music...Very loudly (through headphones of course!);)

Right now I'm listening to a mixture by Andrea Bocelli....Very beautiful...haven't a clue what he's singing about but it is lovely none the less!

So what are you listening to?

Alice in Blunderland
22-Oct-06, 19:13
Im listening to a chorus of muuuum coming from the bedroom.The little ones want their night night kissy apart from that all I am hearing is the tumble drier getting my next lot of ironing ready for me:lol: I have nothing normally in the background so that I can listen out for the kids.

Mother Bear
22-Oct-06, 19:13
Oh, I love Andrea too...but at the moment have a tv channel on, 'The Songs you love to hate'..
Trouble is, I like most of them!!! lol

emszxr
22-Oct-06, 19:15
listening to f1. also listening for my oldest who has just learnt how to open her bedroom door

kas
22-Oct-06, 19:19
Killers "Sams town", and a disgruntled child in the bath dreading going back to school tomorrow.:lol:

obiron
22-Oct-06, 19:22
sky one is on in the background think its that circus thingy thing.was watching the simpsons just left it on.

percy toboggan
22-Oct-06, 19:29
Mrs.Toboggan is watching Antiques Roadshow in the next room - or, more honestly - in the livin' room,I'm under the stairs. Someones chunnerin' on about a painting.

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 19:35
I have to admit that I haven't really listened to much of Andrea Bocelli before,but this is giving me goosebumps!:eek:
It sounds so lovely and yet so sad........I'm such a big softie at heart!:lol:

I usually prefer things like Thin Lizzy which is what I have playing in my car.
I'm thinking my age is catching up on me ( and if any of you youngsters ask who Thin lizzy is.........well!)

candyfloss
22-Oct-06, 19:37
My middle daughter whose 12yrs old has got " scuzz " on sky just now, it just sounds like somebody screaming their head off to me [disgust]

Moby
22-Oct-06, 19:43
I have to admit that I haven't really listened to much of Andrea Bocelli before,but this is giving me goosebumps!:eek:

I'm thinking my age is catching up on me ( and if any of you youngsters ask who Thin lizzy is.........well!)

Wow - bizarre! I was just checking out old tracks on You tube only a couple of minutes ago and was listening to Thin Lizzy's Dancing in the Moonlight!! I'm really showing my age now

Piglet
22-Oct-06, 19:43
sky one is on & kids complaining about having to go back to school tomorrow in the background. :D

Max
22-Oct-06, 19:46
F1 on on the background here too - bye bye Schumacher

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 19:48
Wow - bizarre! I was just checking out old tracks on You tube only a couple of minutes ago and was listening to Thin Lizzy's Dancing in the Moonlight!! I'm really showing my age now

Ah but did you enjoy it!....Welome to our generation!
Todays music has a lot of catching up to do........Wait a minute...I think I'm turning into my parents.....Perish the thought!!

Kingetter
22-Oct-06, 19:48
One 'old square amongst you' lol -

http://virtual.finland.fi/netcomm/news/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=26989

My favourite piece of music - usually I play it as an instrumental piece.

Moby
22-Oct-06, 19:53
Ah but did you enjoy it!....Welome to our generation!
Todays music has a lot of catching up to do........Wait a minute...I think I'm turning into my parents.....Perish the thought!!

It's one of the tracks in my all time favourite top 20 - saw them play it live way back in the early 80s. LOL - definately showing my age now!

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 19:57
It's one of the tracks in my all time favourite top 20 - saw them play it live way back in the early 80s. LOL - definately showing my age now!

I would have loved to have seen them live ...the nearest I have is a dvd of their 'Boys are Back in Town' tour recorded in 1978 live at Sydney Harbour!
Oh well that will have to do I suppose!:D

cuddlepop
22-Oct-06, 20:06
I have a bag of maltesers by the computer and our dog is frantically making wimpering noises as she wants another:lol: Eventually she'l give up and go back to sleep...Then the snoring will start and that'll be my background noise[lol]

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 20:13
Thin Lizzy my favourite rock band, Don't have time for the darkness & such like new bands, Phil Lynott & Gary Moore awesome Irish lads

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 20:21
Thin Lizzy my favourite rock band, Don't have time for the darkness & such like new bands, Phil Lynott & Gary Moore awesome Irish lads

Ah you are so right...Phil lynott was a big loss to the music industry...still his music lives on!

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 20:27
Gary is incredible in that sydney dvd, Watched billy connollys tour of Ireland he was chatting to Phills mum & went to his grave, was very moving :(

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 20:35
All your fault Sapphire, Gary Moore & Phill Lynott please stop messing round blasting at the moment

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 20:41
All your fault Sapphire, Gary Moore & Phill Lynott please stop messing round blasting at the moment

I feel jealous...my cd's are in the car and I'm too lazy to go get them...but they make the journey into work more pleasant....except for my singing!
So if you see a madwoman who looks like she's talking to herself....or shouting obscenities at you....please remember it could be me singing!!

"...dancing in the moonlight,it's caught me"....oops sorry!;)

airdlass
22-Oct-06, 20:42
Listening to Saw Doctors at the moment

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 20:45
I meet mad women screaming obscenities in ther cars everyday :lol:

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 20:48
I meet mad women screaming obscenities in ther cars everyday

See there you go....they're probably just singing their lungs out just like me!!!
:lol:
Although I have been known to change the original lyrics at times!!!!....oh did I just admit to that?[lol]

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 20:51
Not so sure, they tend to gesture with fingers as well, Maybe there pretending to play the moothie or something similar though ;)

zebedy
22-Oct-06, 20:53
This is not a trick or rude thread!(I do not want to know the colour of your smalls...honestly! )

When I'm on the org I usually listen to music...Very loudly (through headphones of course!);)

Right now I'm listening to a mixture by Andrea Bocelli....Very beautiful...haven't a clue what he's singing about but it is lovely none the less!

So what are you listening to?

got sum tristen sueme on the go

im shur canuk or gleeber2 can concur that he is excellent

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 20:56
Not so sure, they tend to gesture with fingers as well, Maybe there pretending to play the moothie or something similar though

You know how it is ..it makes great 'air guitar' music......now that would worry me a bit!...both hands off the wheel!....
But tell me what is it you do to get this response from women? Being a bit older perhaps I can give you some pointers as to 'what women want'!;) and that will stop the unfortunate signals you've been getting! lol:lol:

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 20:56
Got the guitar out now playing along to gary moore the loner, Dogs are under the table & there was me ranting about fireworks :(

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 20:59
You know how it is ..it makes great 'air guitar' music......now that would worry me a bit!...both hands off the wheel!....
But tell me what is it you do to get this response from women? Being a bit older perhaps I can give you some pointers as to 'what women want'!;) and that will stop the unfortunate signals you've been getting! lol:lol:

dont worry been there done it all hehe

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 21:01
dont worry been there done it all hehe
Ah!!! But did you learn anything? :eek:

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 21:05
Ah!!! But did you learn anything? :eek:

Connie that is the $64,000 question....but is he brave enough to answer it?

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 21:06
aye keep ur hands in ur pooches

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 21:07
aye keep ur hands in ur poochesAnd are your doggies quite happy with that? :eek:

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 21:10
new that wid be the reply OK pockets OK Ok

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 21:12
And are your doggies quite happy with that? :eek:

LOL! not much he can say to that! No wonder he's having probs with the ladies(even if it is just his driving which makes them mad!):lol:

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 21:13
new that wid be the reply OK pockets OK Ok
LOL, I'm no surprised you're getting women shoughting and signalling to you if you're going about with your hands in your pockets all the time, especially while driving. :lol:

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 21:18
LOL, I'm no surprised you're getting women shoughting and signalling to you if you're going about with your hands in your pockets all the time, especially while driving. :lol:

Ah Connie I reckon we must have him back peddalling by now!:lol:

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 21:21
sorry 2 keep U gaggin gals, playin guitar got a few in for a jam, I reckon U chicks wud be right at home in pink dodgems :lol:

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 21:26
sorry 2 keep U gaggin gals, playin guitar got a few in for a jam, I reckon U chicks wud be right at home in pink dodgems :lol:

Gals!...gals.....I don't think I've ever been referred to as one of them......well at least not for the last 30? years!
What about you Connie...fancy getting out your 'pink dodgem' for a spin around the street!....oh I forgot the roadworks!
These dodgems will never make it up Shore Lane...unless we get Saxo01 to push them!:lol:

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 21:28
Gals!...gals.....I don't think I've ever been referred to as one of them......well at least not for the last 30? years!
What about you Connie...fancy getting out your 'pink dodgem' for a spin around the street!....oh I forgot the roadworks!
These dodgems will never make it up Shore Lane...unless we get Saxo01 to push them!:lol:
Scream if you want to go faster!! :lol:

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 21:29
ooh ya im v fit i'll push the dodgems no probs as long as U pair aint sitting in them lmao

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 21:43
Any way ...back to the original post....I'm still listening to Andrea bocelli!
I've enjoyed it so much I'm going through them again!:lol:

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 21:48
I'm watching Prime Suspect.

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 21:56
I'm watching Prime Suspect.

Oh Connie....I forgot all about it! I've been having such a good time blethering to folks on here that I've missed it.Don't suppose you know if there's a repeat of tonights episode?[disgust] ....trust me to miss it!

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 21:59
Oh Connie....I forgot all about it! I've been having such a good time blethering to folks on here that I've missed it.Don't suppose you know if there's a repeat of tonights episode?[disgust] ....trust me to miss it!
I'm sure there is a repeat on ITV3, I think last weeks one was on Thursday night.

JAWS
22-Oct-06, 22:02
As usual, one of the Documentary Channels. At the moment, Ancient Egypt, the female Pharoah Hatshepsut and her stepson Tuthmosis III.

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 22:04
I'm sure there is a repeat on ITV3, I think last weeks one was on Thursday night.

Thanks Connie...now if I can just remember that,I'll be laughing!:roll:

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 22:09
Thanks Connie...now if I can just remember that,I'll be laughing!:roll:
I'll try to remind you lol.. :D

dirdyweeker
22-Oct-06, 22:13
Am filling up my MP3 for my holidays so am listening to Meatloaf.:)

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 22:20
Am filling up my MP3 for my holidays so am listening to Meatloaf.:)

Meatloaf....good choice!
I actually love music....all kinds!....well I'm not at all sure about jazz.(Some is ok )
If ever there was anything which can change your mood it has to be music!
and with such a large amount to choose from why is it most shops get it wrong?
I have caught myself singing in the Co-op though...only once or twice...just before they've asked me to leave!:lol:

willowbankbear
22-Oct-06, 22:24
I had Real Madrid V Barca on before, now From Dusk till Dawn is on tv.

Saxo01
22-Oct-06, 22:31
Jazz is a deff iffy sounds like musicians warming up, Wish we had a kylie in our co op

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 22:31
I had Real Madrid V Barca on before, now From Dusk till Dawn is on tv.

Dusk to Dawn...brilliant film!
I didn't read the box before I watched it....not at all what I thought I was going to see....but I really enjoyed it!:lol:
And yes I thought George Clooney was good in it.....not usually fussy about him, but I liked the 'bad boy'.......;)

willowbankbear
22-Oct-06, 22:35
Dusk to Dawn...brilliant film!
I didn't read the box before I watched it....not at all what I thought I was going to see....but I really enjoyed it!:lol:
And yes I thought George Clooney was good in it.....not usually fussy about him, but I liked the 'bad boy'.......;)

Aye , I like it myself, BB loves it, but she is on the phone(surprise surprise!)

WeeBurd
22-Oct-06, 23:01
Just the noise of the baby monitor buzzing away in the background here - happily there is no grunting from Wee'estBurd![lol]

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 23:02
sorry 2 keep U gaggin gals, playin guitar got a few in for a jam, I reckon U chicks wud be right at home in pink dodgems :lol:Was that Jam pieces to go with your ovaltine? Why you no in bed yet? lol :lol:

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 23:02
Just the noise of the baby monitor buzzing away in the background here - happily there is no grunting from Wee'estBurd![lol]

Weebird,there is no better sound in the world than a contented babys breathing!.........:D

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 23:04
Was that Jam pieces to go with your ovaltine? Why you no in bed yet? lol

Connie I thought I was bad!....:lol: but this is fun...hope he's old enough to appreciate it![lol]

WeeBurd
22-Oct-06, 23:07
Weebird,there is no better sound in the world than a contented babys breathing!.........:D

Indeed Sapphire, you're very correct, however I don't like to linger over it too long, as it invariably ends up with Wee'estBurd springing awake with the biggest smile ever - and me thinking "Don't give me that beautiful, cute smile, when I'm just going to bed! Now you'll want to be up, and babbling, and wanting cooches!!"[lol]

pultneytooner
22-Oct-06, 23:08
I have to admit that I haven't really listened to much of Andrea Bocelli before,but this is giving me goosebumps!

Who is thin lizzy?[lol]

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 23:09
Indeed Sapphire, you're very correct, however I don't like to linger over it too long, as it invariably ends up with Wee'estBurd springing awake with the biggest smile ever - and me thinking "Don't give me that beautiful, cute smile, when I'm just going to bed! Now you'll want to be up, and babbling, and wanting cooches!!"[lol]

Know what you mean...I remember it well!!:D
ps sorry for spelling your name wrong....unforgivable!

sapphire
22-Oct-06, 23:11
Who is thin lizzy?[lol]

Don't even think that you're getting away with that!:lol:

Why does 2 mins seem so long? or should that be 120 seconds!

connieb19
22-Oct-06, 23:11
Who is thin lizzy?[lol]
She lives along the road from fat Maggie. :eek:

pultneytooner
22-Oct-06, 23:12
Don't even think that you're getting away with that!:lol:

Why does 2 mins seem so long? or should that be 120 seconds!
Okay, it's a fair cop.:D

pultneytooner
22-Oct-06, 23:14
She lives along the road from fat Maggie. :eek:
Is at up e' road fae big jock and wee cheanie?:lol:

willowbankbear
22-Oct-06, 23:22
Across the street from sweaty Betty