PDA

View Full Version : slimming classes

elastic band
21-Nov-11, 21:16
hi orgers,

looking for some advice -slimming groups what do you think -do they work and if so what do you recommend scottish slimmers or slimming world. does anyone know anything about what happens with the highlife card and what happens with their 6 week shape up -have decided to bite the bullet and do something -well try to but just need a little help please

thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply -i would really appreciate it

porshiepoo
21-Nov-11, 21:33
I go to Slimming World in Wick.
All these things are the same really (I've tried loads), you have to want to lose the weight and be willing to make the changes needed. There's no quick fixes and it takes a heap of time and effort. It's ruddy hard but definitely worth the effort.

I've tried SS, WW plus every diet going. the reason I came back to SW is because it teaches you good eating habits. WW doesn't IMO because you simply put points to every thing you eat, whatever it is.
SW is so easy to follow, you never ever go hungry and it teaches you to cook all those amazing meals you love but with healthier alternatives. You can even eat Meat on the same day as Carbs now (never used to be able to) and the only limit to meals is your imagination.
There's a website called Minimins that has thousands of recipes for all of the popular slimming groups. Try it out! SW chips are gorgeous, as is SW ice cream made with egg whites.
Seriously pop along to Eleanor's class, you've nowt to lose except weight!

elastic band
22-Nov-11, 00:00
ah thank you porshiepoo for taking the time to respond -i'm very grateful. i did look at someone 's book from work but i found it difficult to follow -maybe it gets easier but there's only so far lycra can stretch -lol

Beat Bug
22-Nov-11, 00:09
I've signed up for Counter Weight with our practice nurse, and hubby comes too. I've finally started to lose weight, so has hubby. It's free, and very easy to follow, with everyday food. It's all about portion control, and great doing it with someone else, as we prepare our meals together. So far we haven't gone hungry. Hubby has lost his flabby tummy, and my clothes are now starting to be too big for me! Ask at your doctor's surgery if they're offering Counter Weight.

sandyr1
22-Nov-11, 00:20
Perhaps I am in a woman's World, but I also have advice as a just over 60's man!!!!

Eat Less...I am 180lbs..=13 stone and 6 feet in height....

Yes, Eat less and walk more......

Beat Bug
22-Nov-11, 00:59
[QUOTE Yes, Eat less and walk more......[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more! But for some of us we also need guidance on getting the right balance when it comes to food.

Tristan
22-Nov-11, 05:22
Cut out wheat! It will take a lot of effort but you will be amazed at the results.