PDA

View Full Version : calling tuggs!! snow?

annemarie482
21-Nov-11, 18:43
everywhere i have gone today,
i have been told we are getting "horrendous snow on friday"

is this true?
i have checked the met office website which has no warning etc.

can you check your charts for us to see if its true or if its another rumour lol x

Incognit0
21-Nov-11, 20:12
Oh god no!!

Mystical Potato Head
21-Nov-11, 20:38
Oh god no is correct,with emphasis on the NO part as in NO snow.

Tugmistress
21-Nov-11, 21:01
No Annemarie, no snow on friday for us :) briefly cold and a breeze that will go through you rather than round you, a bit damp at times maybe but the only places to see snow on friday will be further north and west or high altitudes :)

annemarie482
21-Nov-11, 21:05
thats brill, thank you tuggs most appreciated.

not sure where the rumour has come from but it's certainly spread!

Cattach
21-Nov-11, 21:14
everywhere i have gone today,
i have been told we are getting "horrendous snow on friday"

is this true?
i have checked the met office website which has no warning etc.

can you check your charts for us to see if its true or if its another rumour lol x

Watch Countryfile on Sunday night and get as good a week's forecast as is possible from any professional, or amateur, forecaster.

Mystical Potato Head
21-Nov-11, 21:57
Watch Countryfile on Sunday night and get as good a week's forecast as is possible from any professional, or amateur, forecaster.

Thats probably where the rumour started,they did say it would get cooler by the end of the week,Caithness jungle drums turn that into cold,then cold enough for snow,then snow
and finally its horrendous snow.Even though the met office and every other online weather website you care to mention,mentions absolutely nothing of snow then the professional weather websites are called into doubt
all because some local gossip says otherwise.
OOOOOOHHHHH,the moon was on its back last night,that means there's bad weather coming.:roll:

annemarie482
21-Nov-11, 22:20
Thats probably where the rumour started,they did say it would get cooler by the end of the week,Caithness jungle drums turn that into cold,then cold enough for snow,then snow
and finally its horrendous snow.Even though the met office and every other online weather website you care to mention,mentions absolutely nothing of snow then the professional weather websites are called into doubt
all because some local gossip says otherwise.
OOOOOOHHHHH,the moon was on its back last night,that means there's bad weather coming.:roll:

lol spot on! :lol:

Birons
22-Nov-11, 00:24
What am I going to do with all these snow shovels and sledges I bought? :~(

This time last year I couldn't even get a sprinkle of salt to put on my chips from any of the shops or supermarkets, I'm knee deep in the stuff this year.:eek:

It wasn't me that started the rumor, honest.;)

golach
22-Nov-11, 10:31
Mph and Cattach, its snide remarks like this that are driving many away from the Org, Annemarie asked Tuggs a simple question, got her answer and was happy with the reply from Tuggs, so why do you pair need to throw in your negative penny worth? [disgust]

gerry4
22-Nov-11, 10:40
Mph and Cattach, its snide remarks like this that are driving many away from the Org, Annemarie asked Tuggs a simple question, got her answer and was happy with the reply from Tuggs, so why do you pair need to throw in your negative penny worth? [disgust]

Golach, could not agree more. Tuggs posts to try to help, people ask Tuggs questions and she is good enough to try to help. People love to make snide remarks from the safety of a keyboard, most would not have to guts to say it to their faces. They have sad little lives and need to compensate by trying to make others look small. I see it all the time on here and twitter.

If you can't do any better then shut up.

Kenn
22-Nov-11, 10:54
I watched "The Country File," weather forecast for the week and the only snow that was mentioned was a possible light dusting to the high ground out to the west and over Cairngorm, having a local weather set up is invaluable especially as there are several weather stations around the county linked to the base at Tugmistress's that show all the quirks the terrain can throw up.
Whilst I agree that The Caithness rumour mill can turn a lizard into a dragon in a matter of minutes, I just find it incredible that folk do this with such a subject.
Tug's provides the service free and gratis and is quick to alter it if the weather patterns change for which she should be appreciated and thanked.
If some one else thinks they can do a better job then dip into your pocket for the equipment and put your money where your mouth is!

dessie
22-Nov-11, 11:28
please try metcheck.com it says possible snow showers for caithness from monday..just add your post code.sometimes its accurate and other times its way off.

ducati
22-Nov-11, 11:35
please try metcheck.com it says possible snow showers for caithness from monday..just add your post code.sometimes its accurate and other times its way off.

No thanks, it sounds like they guess the weather:lol:

Nick Noble
22-Nov-11, 12:26
Paula, thank you so much for your forecast, I need to be in Cromarty early Saturday so you've put my mind at rest regarding driving down there - I had been considering staying overnight!

For those who advocate the countryfile forecast - yes, in general terms it is about the best long range forecast out to about 4 days, after that, even by the admission of the BBC/Met Office it's accuracy is not very high. In addition Caithness is one of the more difficult areas to forecast, and due to the low population levels they don't really care over much about going the extra mile to improve it.

So the best forecasts for Caithness in general, and Thurso/Scrabster in particular are those issued by our very own weather girl - Tugmistress.

Paula, don't leave us in the lurch, we need your forecasts, they ARE the BEST!

Tugmistress
22-Nov-11, 12:28

I will not look further than five days ahead, the patterns can change for a few hours ahead let alone a week, a forecast for 5 days ahead, as i have said before is only about 70% reliable, a forecast for the next day is only about 95% reliable and i have seen metcheck offering a forecast of wind reaching over 200mph on many an occassion so i would not put any stock in them lol

Thank you for the kind comments golach, gerry, lizz and nick

seadog
22-Nov-11, 12:31

I totally agree with you there as well golach, loads of people ask Tuggs for her predictions on the weather and what she supplies is very good and accurate.

Weather forecasting has never been an exact science and the professionals it wrong plenty of times. Tuggs does her forecasts as a hobby and most of the time she is very close to what we experience.

My advice to MPH and Cattach is to keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself and let the rest of us enjoy Tuggs forecasts which she supplies gratis for the benefit of the orgers and and the Caithness community.

Don't let the minority drag you down Tuggs. Loads of people like what you do for the org.

Mystical Potato Head
22-Nov-11, 17:59
Golach, could not agree more. Tuggs posts to try to help, people ask Tuggs questions and she is good enough to try to help. People love to make snide remarks from the safety of a keyboard, most would not have to guts to say it to their faces. They have sad little lives and need to compensate by trying to make others look small. I see it all the time on here and twitter.

If you can't do any better then shut up.

I totally agree with you there as well golach, loads of people ask Tuggs for her predictions on the weather and what she supplies is very good and accurate.

Weather forecasting has never been an exact science and the professionals it wrong plenty of times. Tuggs does her forecasts as a hobby and most of the time she is very close to what we experience.

My advice to MPH and Cattach is to keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself and let the rest of us enjoy Tuggs forecasts which she supplies gratis for the benefit of the orgers and and the Caithness community.

Don't let the minority drag you down Tuggs. Loads of people like what you do for the org.

Where did i make any remarks about Tuggs or her forecasts.Did i imply anything about Tuggs and her forecasts?...No i didnt.
Instead of jumping on Golachs bandwagon perhaps you lot should have read my comment to see what i had said that was "anti Tuggs"
My comment was about how the Caithness rumour mill turned a cold day into a raging blizzard, a fact about peoples inabilty to pass on a story
without adding arms and legs to it. Much like this thread where i am now one of the minority trying to drag Tuggs down even though i
never mentioned her name nor implyed anything negative towards her in anything i said.

As for you Mr high and mighty Golach,you seem to forget some of the snide and sarcastic comments you made towards and about Shelley Cowie
I've posted nothing worse here than you did about Shelley so if my snide comments are driving orgers away then the same must be true about you.
Yet another "decent orger" hypocrite.
In case you didnt notice the OP agreed with me and didnt take any offence,you however along with gerry4 and seadog took offence on someones behalf
when no offence was delivered to that person by me.
Stop playing the knight in shining armour when there was no damsel in distress,not in distress from anything i said anyway.

annemarie482
22-Nov-11, 18:57
wow

ask a simple question and look what happens!

thanks again tuggs

Kodiak
22-Nov-11, 19:11

No thank you, if I require a an accurate Weather Forecast I will ask our Expert, Tugmistress. I have seen Metcheck and they are one of the worst going.

Margaret M.
22-Nov-11, 20:00
Kudos to Tuggs for being so responsive to all the weather requests! I always enjoy reading your forecasts even though I'm an ocean away.

golach
22-Nov-11, 20:17
As for you Mr high and mighty Golach,you seem to forget some of the snide and sarcastic comments you made towards and about Shelley Cowie
I've posted nothing worse here than you did about Shelley so if my snide comments are driving orgers away then the same must be true about you.
Yet another "decent orger" hypocrite.
In case you didnt notice the OP agreed with me and didnt take any offence,you however along with gerry4 and seadog took offence on someones behalf
when no offence was delivered to that person by me.
Stop playing the knight in shining armour when there was no damsel in distress,not in distress from anything i said anyway.
do I give a monkeys MPH on your opinion.......in a very short word NO!!

billmoseley
22-Nov-11, 20:45
wow

ask a simple question and look what happens!

thanks again tuggs Well Annemarie that will teach you to ask simple question. Next time ask a complicated one. :lol:

Mystical Potato Head
22-Nov-11, 21:12
do I give a monkeys MPH on your opinion.......in a very short word NO!!

Was i giving an opinion?.....in a very short word NO!! Was i stating a fact?.....in a very short but slightly longer word YES!!
You are a hypocrite.

Moira
23-Nov-11, 01:14

I might consider that if they join Caithness Org and give accurate, updated forecasts when requested. The weather in the far north of Scotland can change very quickly as can my travel plans for work.

Meantime, I'll continue to rely on Tugmistress's trustworthy forecasts including her very kind replies to my PM's. Thanks once again to Tugmistress, keep doing what you are doing. :)

golach
23-Nov-11, 01:21
Was i giving an opinion?.....in a very short word NO!! Was i stating a fact?.....in a very short but slightly longer word YES!!
You are a hypocrite.
You call me a hypocrite, have a look at your own posts every time Kodiak says anything good about Tugmistress and her weather forecasts, I cannot be bothered cherry picking any of them, there are too many. I love the ignore button on here

ducati
23-Nov-11, 07:20
You call me a hypocrite, have a look at your own posts every time Kodiak says anything good about Tugmistress and her weather forecasts, I cannot be bothered cherry picking any of them, there are too many. I love the ignore button on here

How can you two turn a request for a weather update into a personal slanging match? :roll:

gerry4
23-Nov-11, 11:23
Personally I think that it is time to close this thread. Tuggs knows what the vast majority think of her and how much we appreciated her unpaid work.

Those two know what we think of them. To continue will only add stress to Tuggs who is having health problems.

Love to Tuggs xxx

Liz
23-Nov-11, 13:54
Get well soon Tuggs and keep giving us your very much appreciated weather forecasts when you are able. xx