PDA

View Full Version : STV HD - Not up North!

JamesMcVean
21-Nov-11, 00:25
Upgraded my sky subscription to HD the other week. Noticed that ITV 1HD and ITV 1HD+1 - was missing from my sky listings.
Spoke to Sky about it and they gave me a number for STV.
So I phone STV and they say that STV HD is not available on Sky! But it is available on Virgin Cable!
Grrrr
STV say that they are in "Talks" with sky to get the HD channel up and running...So I say - Why cant we get ITV1 HD and ITV1+1HD...and the lass said it is coz STV have the ITV Franchise up here and we are left high and dry coz we dont have Cable TV up here!
Grrrrr again

I would take Virgin Cable if it came up here - On a tangent - Cable would solve my Terrible ISP problems of vastly fluctuating Download speeds!

Dialyser
21-Nov-11, 00:51
You can get STV HD by following the instructions in this link.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100614101527AAr4V36

JamesMcVean
21-Nov-11, 02:32
Dial

Thats cool - thanks
But you cannot record this and it is a nuisance having to go to additional channels each time.
Maybe STV and sky will sort this out soon?

Aaldtimer
21-Nov-11, 04:36
You can access ITV1 HD on channel 993 on Sky.

JamesMcVean
21-Nov-11, 04:50
Thanks Auldtimer - That is ITV1 London - Not HD but recordable - think there are subtle differences tween ITV and STV programming

theone
21-Nov-11, 07:33
STV is the Scottish branch of ITV.

ITV makes all its money from advertising.

Because Scotland has a small population in comparison with its brodcast area, it cannot raise enough money from advertising to pay for HD slots on sky.

For the same reason STV weren't showing champions league games in the past when the rest of ITV were.

STV would need a subsidy or divert funding from elsewhere to provide us with the same service the rest of the UK enjoy.

ducati
21-Nov-11, 10:20
I was thinkin' about getting one of them thar colour televisions. :Razz

John Little
21-Nov-11, 10:25
I was thinkin' about getting one of them thar colour televisions. :Razz

I bet The real Ducati already has one...:lol: