PDA

View Full Version : De Vita

gerry4
20-Nov-11, 20:10
I read in the Groat that the new Italian restaurant was opening in the market place, De Vita. I am surprised that no one has mentioned this.

Has it opened, is it good. Would love to see the menu.

starfish
20-Nov-11, 20:14
got the take away menu looks good and deliver free in wick with orders over £10

gerry4
20-Nov-11, 20:41
got the take away menu looks good and deliver free in wick with orders over £10

shame i live in thrumster. I will have to pop in and get a menu.

linnie612
20-Nov-11, 22:05
Hope he covers his whiskers with a hairnet too when he is cooking, until he is allowed to cut them off:)

Hoping to go there soon - been looking forward to it since I first heard about it.

Tackity Boo
21-Nov-11, 18:26
Has anyone tried a meal in the Italian yet. Had a look on Saturday lunchtime and it was closed and looked pretty grim from the outside.

ocd
21-Nov-11, 21:51
Had a take-away on Sat night - no complaints. The meatballls are yummy!

Interior is compact but nice and yes chef had his beard covered!

gerry4
22-Nov-11, 10:43
I called in yesterday to have a look at the menu and get a take-away menu. Both look good. I seem that for the pizza's he makes his own dough which is a good start.

I love it that so many new places are opening, makes the place look more alive. When I first moved here about 18 mnths ago the town looked a little dead and more shops closed. Now one by one they are reopening again under new owners. Good luck to them all and it is up to us to support them.

charley9
22-Nov-11, 16:15
We had takeaway last night, and it was really good, we had pizza and spaghetti carbonara. They don't have a delivery driver at the moment, so it was pick up only last night.

demac-artist
23-Nov-11, 20:54
We had a sit in meal at De Vitas tonight, loved the Pizza, made from scratch had the Bruno - Tomato, aubergine, salami, cheese - fresh base and yes I never noticed the chef had a beard as he had a face mask on my fella had steak loved it and hes picky on his meat we totally enjoyed the atmosphere and the meal
Deanne