PDA

View Full Version : Sick Bug

JamesMcVean
20-Nov-11, 19:26
My daughter Freya has just passed her record and spewed 10 times today and the day is only half done!
Any others on the org got this horrid bug in the family?

Sandra_B
20-Nov-11, 19:44
My youngest was sick all night on Thursday but seemed much better by Friday morning. The eldest just started with it a few hours ago. Hopefully he will get over it as quickly.

Hope your wee one feels better soon.

snow tiger
20-Nov-11, 21:38
Hubby had it on Friday he is still not right, i have it today and have never been so sick in my life. Anybody know how long it lasts for, or any miricle cure

Tilly Teckel
20-Nov-11, 22:23
My sympathies to those who're suffering - sounds grim!

Puts me in mind of a time years ago when me, my son (then about 6) and hubby all had the worst food poisoning. We were taking it in turns to be sick all through the night and I was exhausted from cleaning up and changing bedding. I eventually fell asleep in bed holding a glass of water and woke up thinking I'd peed the bed! :lol:

NLP
20-Nov-11, 22:25
My wee one had it a few weeks back she was sick on and off for 3 weeks.

Loraine
20-Nov-11, 22:57
My youngest daughter had it at the start of the month for a couple of days. She was being sick pretty much every half hour to begin with, then every hour. It was horrible. She must have been sick over 20 times. Thankfully it only lasted bout 36 hours. She was much better the second day. Hope it doesn't last too long for you. Remember to try to drink plenty - even if it seems pointless cos it's not staying down. You need to keep hydrated. :D

JamesMcVean
21-Nov-11, 16:29
Freya is still not managing to eat yet - but has stopped being sick - so it looks like a 24Hour thing - particularly nasty -She drank plenty of water...and she said that flat lucozade was ok because it tasted nice on the way back up LOL

golach
21-Nov-11, 16:36
Go buy some Rehydration Crystals, after being so ill her fluids need boosting.

lindsaymcc
21-Nov-11, 17:11
We all had it 2 weeks ago, middle child started with it on the tuesday, by thursday evening the rest of us had it. Was a nasty nasty 48hrs! Get well soon vibes to all suffering.

JamesMcVean
22-Nov-11, 13:27
Groan - Now one of the twins has it.
And I am due on a 3 day course in Aberdeen tomorrow, leaving tonight! Arrrrrg

Dadie
22-Nov-11, 13:39
You will be Mr Popular......not!
It will run its course straight through you all.....just hope you dont succumb while away.
Its grim while it lasts....im hoping to avoid it at least until my washing machine is well enough to do laundry again!