PDA

View Full Version : safe in our hands

tonkatojo
20-Nov-11, 16:37
Hands up who can remember the ruddy deceit of Cameron the current UK prime minister on his election fiasco promises of "the NHS is safe in our (tory) hands.

These hard working folk don't. And nor do I.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/nurses-nhs-heading-crisis-point-072047849.html

orkneycadian
20-Nov-11, 17:34
I see no surprises in that, given our current financial position. Theres also no surprises of disparity in what is said pre election, and what is delivered - The whole lot of them are guilty as that, whether red, blue or yellow

I can see a lot more nurses disappearing out of hospitals too, if the public sector workers and unions dont come back to the real world from cloud cuckoo land - Where on earth do they think anyone, let alone a skint government is going to be able to fund their ridiculous pension demands from?

Dialyser
20-Nov-11, 18:47
I see no surprises in that, given our current financial position. Theres also no surprises of disparity in what is said pre election, and what is delivered - The whole lot of them are guilty as that, whether red, blue or yellow

I can see a lot more nurses disappearing out of hospitals too, if the public sector workers and unions dont come back to the real world from cloud cuckoo land - Where on earth do they think anyone, let alone a skint government is going to be able to fund their ridiculous pension demands from?

With regard to your comments on pensions, can I ask what facts you base this on?
If we look at the NHS pension scheme, last year the goverment took £1.2 billion more in contributions than it paid out. As there is no designated NHS pension fund these surplus funds were used for other things.
Based on these figures how can the goverment claim that the NHS pension is unaffordable? Why aren't they suggesting that all surplus contribitions be paid into a separate fund which will build up a safety net?