PDA

View Full Version : Chav or Cool?

JamesMcVean
20-Nov-11, 12:56
Here is the link to a site that is hosting a few photos of my latest tattoo
Thurso Tattoo's is on Princes Street opposite the Station Hotel.
Still need a final visit to colour the last section and do some touching up.
I am happy with it.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/Spiritdragon7777/ (http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/Spiritdragon7777/)

gleeber
20-Nov-11, 13:05
If chav means uncool then it's chav but thats only my opinion and means nothing in the extended universe. You love it enough to show it like a Rembrandt. I think Im getting left behind. [lol]

Kodiak
20-Nov-11, 13:13
Very nice indeed, personally I would say cool. Tattoo's are not for me but I do admire them. Great from of Art and this looks like that when finished, this will be just that. :D

linnie612
20-Nov-11, 13:38
I'm not fond of tattoos, but that is just a personal thing. Like the Judge Dredd picture, though!

Dialyser
20-Nov-11, 14:10
Nothing looks worse than a badly done tattoo. A well done tattoo however, is a thing of beauty in my opinion.

The tattoo shown above is a very nice piece of work and I hope you get many years of pleasure from it.

Incognit0
20-Nov-11, 14:30
Chav - CHeap And Vulgar

trix
20-Nov-11, 15:10
i think its prity smert lek, alot o' work in ayre, aye.

i hev two tattoo's, only little ones. one on ma wrist an' one on 'e back o' ma neck, that ye cana see as ma hair is so long.....i da think i wid get any more.

i howp ye enjoy yers for many years....:D

Corrie 3
20-Nov-11, 15:29
Can someone please tell me what is the reason behind having tattoo's ?
I just cannot see the point !!

C3.............:eek::roll::roll:

Maccy
20-Nov-11, 15:34
Fab artwork .. great artist.

Think I need to visit this tattooist, how great it is to have a this artists in Thurso.

golach
20-Nov-11, 15:34
Definately a chav thing, and I have had tattoos for over 50 years, getting them is my biggest regret.

trix
20-Nov-11, 16:00
Definately a chav thing, and I have had tattoos for over 50 years, getting them is my biggest regret.

its funny, all 'e auld cheils say at, gol....ma faither regrets his an i think his ones are prity smart.

sayin 'at, i regret getin 'e little pentagram on ma wrist an' wid advise against it.....infact, i hated it from 'e menid i got it done!!!

didna stop me getin anither aine tho :roll:

i widna go intil 'e shop in thurso for one......but when i go abroad somethin strange comes over me an' i feel 'iss massive urge til get one.

best put them in places that ye cana see them, although 'at seems a little pointless.....:confused

Tilly Teckel
20-Nov-11, 18:35
best put them in places that ye cana see them, although 'at seems a little pointless.....:confused

Not at all Trix, I have two, neither of which can be seen by anyone else unless I want them to be, and I'm planning another two next year. I get tattoos for me, not for anyone else. I get things which mean a lot to me and think long and hard about them first.

I guess some people do get them to show them off and that's cool cos I love seeing good artwork on someone, but for me my tattoos and my body are mine, no-one elses.

As for tattoos being 'chav', it's usually the person, not the tattoo that's chav!

sandyr1
20-Nov-11, 18:38
But TT...Yur frae Libster!!!!! just funning..

secrets in symmetry
20-Nov-11, 19:18
I am happy with it.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/Spiritdragon7777/ (http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/Spiritdragon7777/)Lol! You know what I think - so I'll say nothing for once - and only this once. :cool:

JamesMcVean
20-Nov-11, 19:21
Lol! You know what I think - so I'll say nothing for once - and only this once. :cool:

omg lol I am honoured.

secrets in symmetry
20-Nov-11, 19:41
omg lol I am honoured.Make the most of it lol!

Maccy
20-Nov-11, 19:43
Lol! You know what I think - so I'll say nothing for once - and only this once. :cool:

I always said there is a first for everything.:roll:

ducati
20-Nov-11, 20:18
I always wanted the Firebird (from the hood of a Firebird) on my back. :cool:

unicorn
20-Nov-11, 20:46
Lovely work James, the detail is excellent, lovely to see work done so well, I am sure you must be well pleased with it.

Rheghead
20-Nov-11, 21:18
I am happy with it.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/Spiritdragon7777/ (http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m530/Spiritdragon7777/)

As someone who doesn't do the fashion/adornment/symbolism/peer pressure thing then I think it is just a total waste of money so it is chav imho but I am interested if the inks have changed in recent years so that the warmer colours are more stable later in life?

Tilly Teckel
20-Nov-11, 22:14
But TT...Yur frae Libster!!!!! just funning..

Oooooh, them's fighting words - come down 'ere and say that!! :Razz

I am interested if the inks have changed in recent years so that the warmer colours are more stable later in life?

Rheghead, I had a Welsh dragon tattoo 10 years ago and the colour is still as bright now as it was then. The artist did a yellow undercoat and dark red over the top so it's held really well. It pays to go to the best. I'm back off to Wales next summer for my next couple.

carasmam
20-Nov-11, 22:51
I always wanted the Firebird (from the hood of a Firebird) on my back. :cool:

Ducati - you and your Missus know who I am in real life, but maybe not on here, I'll show you one of my tattoos next time I see you - it will give you a laugh ! :)

carasmam
20-Nov-11, 22:53
I am happy with it.

James - COOL !! :cool:

Dadie
20-Nov-11, 23:34
Hope you will still love it as much in 50 years time!
But it looks good now.
And the colours dont fade or bleed too much you cant quite work out what its supposed to be in your lifetime.
But its a work of art I hope you treasure as it means so much to you.

JamesMcVean
21-Nov-11, 00:04
Hope you will still love it as much in 50 years time!.

Dadie

In a week or two I will be 42 - so I would be delighted to let you know how it looks then! lol

Dadie
21-Nov-11, 00:08
I will look forward to your post then!

crustyroll
21-Nov-11, 18:56
Can someone please tell me what is the reason behind having tattoo's ?
I just cannot see the point !!

C3.............:eek::roll::roll:

Whats the point in having ears pierced, having a moustache or beard, long or short hair - it's all down to personal choice. I swore all my life that I would NEVER have a tattoo as I thought they were cheap and vulgar and portrayed a 'certain type' of person. How wrong I was/am and I now have 3 tattoos!!! All of mine were thought about very, very carefully as I knew they were going to be with me for the rest of my life and they are all personal to me. None of them are flash, ie, just a general drawing or copy of a picture on a wall, they are all individual and drawn for me and portray something about my character and time here. I waited until I was 40 before I got one, so I think I've had long enough to think about it - I'm now thinking very carefully about my next one and again it will be something very personal to me, in fact something related to my maiden name as that was 'who' I was and in part 'still' am if that makes sense...lol

At the end of the day, does it really matter what someone does with their own money, time and body if its not hurting anyone else??? I could just as easily walk into someones house and think there wallpaper is hideous but I won't voice my opinion as I don't have the right to criticise someones own personal tastes.

linnie612
21-Nov-11, 19:09
Whats the point in having ears pierced, having a moustache or beard, long or short hair - it's all down to personal choice. I swore all my life that I would NEVER have a tattoo as I thought they were cheap and vulgar and portrayed a 'certain type' of person. How wrong I was/am and I now have 3 tattoos!!! All of mine were thought about very, very carefully as I knew they were going to be with me for the rest of my life and they are all personal to me. None of them are flash, ie, just a general drawing or copy of a picture on a wall, they are all individual and drawn for me and portray something about my character and time here. I waited until I was 40 before I got one, so I think I've had long enough to think about it - I'm now thinking very carefully about my next one and again it will be something very personal to me, in fact something related to my maiden name as that was 'who' I was and in part 'still' am if that makes sense...lol

At the end of the day, does it really matter what someone does with their own money, time and body if its not hurting anyone else??? I could just as easily walk into someones house and think there wallpaper is hideous but I won't voice my opinion as I don't have the right to criticise someones own personal tastes.

I've already stated that I'm not keen on tattoo's - but that is just a personal preference - and I totally agree that if it doesn't hurt anyone else, crack on!

However, you can't compare hair length, beards, wallpaper etc to getting a tattoo done - they are generally there to stay...

trix
21-Nov-11, 22:17
At the end of the day, does it really matter what someone does with their own money, time and body if its not hurting anyone else???

"harm ye none, do as ye will" ;)