PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Heat & Power - Ignis Wick

Macwull
20-Nov-11, 11:29
Are there any other private customers with chap on here?

Have been trying to consider my options although ignis will be cheaper
Its going to be a huge risk, when you sign your contract with them this
removes all liability from the council.

Rheghead
20-Nov-11, 16:30
Its going to be a huge risk, when you sign your contract with them this
removes all liability from the council.

Am I to assume that you consider the council as some sort of safety net that should bail customers out if need be should it go pearshaped?

Macwull
20-Nov-11, 17:33
Am I to assume that you consider the council as some sort of safety net that should bail customers out if need be should it go pearshaped?

I consider the council one of the biggest failures of this whole project. The council set chap up with inver house distilleries and ppp. The council being a government body should have appointed someone with the ability to carry out a project like this, instead they let it rattle ahead without Proper checks, audit scotland said it in there report.

I dont want nothing that I havent already paid for, a functioning heating system that lasts longer than 4 yrs.

essex boy
20-Nov-11, 18:01
I am not on this project, or indeed Wick, but if you sign surely Ignis are bond to the contract like yourselves. Lets face it, they could'nt do any worse, well unless the boiler blows up and takes out half of Wick with it!!

sids
20-Nov-11, 18:54
I am minded to point out that even a certain jam factory 10 miles west of Thurso can operate heating from a central boiler house, without too much trouble.