PDA

View Full Version : when is time set back?

brandy
22-Oct-06, 07:42
hiya guys
just wondering when the clocks are going back
any idea?

Alice in Blunderland
22-Oct-06, 07:54
I was under the impression its next Sunday.If it is Im not looking forward to loosing my hours beauty sleep.I need every minute I can get;)

willowbankbear
22-Oct-06, 09:27
*Next Sunday* do ye think ye`ll get another hour in yer bed then Brandy?

dragonfly
22-Oct-06, 09:40
I was under the impression its next Sunday.If it is Im not looking forward to loosing my hours beauty sleep.I need every minute I can get;)

Clocks go back an hour Alice so you will get your extra hour of beauty sleep - its SPRING forward, FALL back :D

cuddlepop
22-Oct-06, 10:00
Brandy that's a brilliant way to remember the time change.:)

Lolabelle
22-Oct-06, 10:41
Clocks go back an hour Alice so you will get your extra hour of beauty sleep - its SPRING forward, FALL back :D
Well as I am in spring we are going to be going forward here in the southern hemisphere. But I hate daylight saving. As it is at the moment, we get up at 5 - 5.30am with no alarm, and next week we will be back to getting up at 5am in the dark and feeling tired for the whole of summer and autumn. Yuck. And it just means Dave works later with the sun going down later! :~(

Murchiemannie
22-Oct-06, 14:39
It's usually the last Saturday into sunday(after midnight/2am ish)
l on of the month of October...then we can all get depressed with the long dark days and nights.
It's easy to remember..you Spring forward and you Fall back.
Roll on springtime........

htwood
22-Oct-06, 16:29
California is the same, we turn back clocks next Sun morn at 2am. I heard that in 2007, things will be different, with clock changes in early March and in November.

Why do they call it daylight "saving", nothing is saved, its merely shifted over an hour. gonna start calling it Daylight Shifting to Trick the Mind Time. -H