PDA

View Full Version : This man takes no prisoners.

shazzap
18-Nov-11, 16:53
Wellllllllllllllll. Whats your opinion??

http://www.asylum.co.uk/2011/11/18/video-ukip-mep-nigel-farage-european-parliament-speech/?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl9|sec1_lnk1|85778

Corrie 3
18-Nov-11, 17:34
If I were living in England he would get my vote everytime, he is a fighter who speaks as he see's it !!

Well done for trying to shake up the Monster that is the unelected European gangsters!

C3.............[disgust][disgust]

Commore
18-Nov-11, 18:07
Wellllllllllllllll. Whats your opinion??

http://www.asylum.co.uk/2011/11/18/video-ukip-mep-nigel-farage-european-parliament-speech/?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl9|sec1_lnk1|85778 (http://www.asylum.co.uk/2011/11/18/video-ukip-mep-nigel-farage-european-parliament-speech/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk1%7C85778)

I agree with him wholeheartedly, he is right in everything he said.

shazzap
18-Nov-11, 18:37
If I were living in England he would get my vote everytime, he is a fighter who speaks as he see's it !!

Well done for trying to shake up the Monster that is the unelected European gangsters!

I agree with him wholeheartedly, he is right in everything he said.

More politicians. Should be like him.

tonkatojo
18-Nov-11, 20:09

Contact these folk and put into action your words. http://www.ukip.org/scotland/contact

billmoseley
18-Nov-11, 20:44
i think he said what alot of us are thinking well said i say

shazzap
18-Nov-11, 20:52
Contact these folk and put into actin your words. http://www.ukip.org/scotland/contact

Or this. http://www.ukip.org/

Angel
18-Nov-11, 23:58
At last, someone who is willing to tell it like it is!

He has my vote...

Angel...

secrets in symmetry
19-Nov-11, 00:09
Hmm, maybe my previous suggestion for most idiotic post(s) ever has a rival....

Fly
19-Nov-11, 00:12
We need more like him in Westminster and the sooner the better.

shazzap
19-Nov-11, 00:23
Hmm, maybe my previous suggestion for most idiotic post(s) ever has a rival....

Would you care to elaborate please.

Commore
19-Nov-11, 17:56
We need more like him in Westminster and the sooner the better.
We don't need Westminster, period.

Commore
19-Nov-11, 17:57
Would you care to elaborate please.

Yes, please do secrets in symmetry.

Garnet
19-Nov-11, 20:43
How refreshing, agreed with all the posts........bar one!!!!!!!!! ;)

theone
20-Nov-11, 07:20
I predict the UKIP will soon be the 3rd biggest party in parliament.

I wonder if the LIB Dems will then be referred to as "others"?

John Little
20-Nov-11, 10:12
Okay- I'll bite.

Farage is a fairly typical example of an elected politician who does not understand what is involved in the issues he is talking about. If he were put in charge of it then he would pretty soon see that it is rather more complicated than he thinks and he would moderate his tone.

So what has he said?

First of all - "we are on the edge of a financial and social disaster"

Actually we are in one - but it engulfs the whole world, not just Britain and Europe.
Mr Farage then goes on to blame the four men he holds responsible. For the world crisis!

This is irrational.

He then insults them because he does not understand what they have said by calling their speeches dull.

He then tells them that the Euro is a failure. This is somewhat pre-judging the issue since the value of the Euro appears to be holding up quite well and the crisis is by no means over. Declaring the outcome of a battle before it is over seems rather premature.

He asks them who is responsible and who is in charge, and tells them that they are not elected.

It is true that they are not elected - they are appointed by the European Parliament, of which he is a member. Mr Farage is responsible, collectively with his fellow MEPs and if he does not like the system set up by them then he should garner support and change it. The MEPs responsible are actually elected, Mr Farage included, and by us.

If you do not vote in European elections then that is your affair, but you cannot accuse the nominated officials of an elected body of being anti-democratic without simultaneously condemning our whole Civil Service.

The Germans do not wish to dominate Europe and surveys consistently reveal that they resent spending their cash on propping up the Euro. Mrs Merkel does it because she wishes the currency to survive and Germany is the only one with sufficient economic strength to do it. Mr Farage is a Social Darwinist - but who seriously believes that any more?

He speaks of paying a heavy price in blood and this makes him a dangerous man because the sinister undercurrent of nationalism and unresolved boundary disputes still simmers under the surface of civilised Europe. The break-up of the EU would lead to blood; I am in no doubt of it.

Papandreou was not removed by the EU. That's a soundbite that a lot of people would like to believe and Farage taps into popular prejudice when he says it. We are not ruled through direct democracy but through representative democracy. In theory at least we nominate experts and people who know what they are doing to run our affairs.

To call for a referendum on whether to accept a rescue deal for the Greeks was stupid and irresponsible. It would simply be asking a lot of vested interests and people who know nothing to cast a vote and the outcome would be a mess.

An analogy might be a heart transplant procedure going on and then the surgeon calls for a vote among the observing students as to what he should do next. Or doing 80 down the motorway then allowing the kids in the back seats to take over the driving at full speed - because they've voted to.

Papandreou was removed because he no longer commanded sufficient strength in the Greek Parliament to hold a government together. Farage does not command sufficient support to form a government either - and no wonder!

Similarly, in Italy, Berlusconi was removed because he no longer commanded sufficient support in Parliament. But Mario Monti did - he could garner enough votes in Parliament to become Prime Minister and the elected representatives of the Italian people placed him into office. Being elected directly is not a requirement to be Prime Minister- and that goes for this country too. Our last unelected Prime Minister was Lord Salisbury- since then it has become the convention to have a Prime Minister who is elected, but there is no constitutional requirement for this.

Any one of you out there can be PM without election- if you can get enough MPs to back you.

Then Farage calls the Commissioners villains who should be sacked. Very well - he and his fellow MPs employ these men. If they think their commissioners should be sacked then Farage should call for a debate and a vote on the matter.

Why does he not do so?

Lastly he asks Van Rompuy who gave him the right to say ' this is not the time for elections but the time for actions"?

Well - you did Mr Farage. You and your fellow MEPs who are responsible for the appointment of Mr Rompuy. You appointed a man to a post, gave him power and, presumably, required him to have opinions on strategy.

Mr Farage is a populist and a demagogue, playing to the gallery of popular prejudice by attacking civil servants.

But as to reality he needs a tinfoil hat; he's the David Icke of European politics, a hollow vessel, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Yoda the flump
20-Nov-11, 11:14
This ^

Well put John, if only others were not so blind

theone
20-Nov-11, 11:43
I agree with almost everything you say John.

Mr Farage is a populist and a demagogue, playing to the gallery of popular prejudice by attacking civil servants.

But as to reality he needs a tinfoil hat; he's the David Icke of European politics, a hollow vessel, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

The problem is that in a society where everyone gets an equal vote, populists win votes!