PDA

View Full Version : Begg/ Meiklejohn connection

Sharon Cunningham
21-Oct-06, 14:25
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the list with lots of Family connections in the Wick/Canisbay/Thurso area of Caithness. My Great Grandparents where Alex.& Agnes(Jamieson)BEGG who lived in Latheron & Canisbay. There youngest son Frances (Frank)Jamieson, BEGG married Margaret "Pearl"Meiklejohn(from Wick) in Aug 1928. Her family lived at 19 W Riverbank & I would like to know what her parents names where (Mothers maiden name/looks like ??(3letters)Not very clear on the copy of the marriage cert.)There was no children to this union & I believe Frank & Pearl moved to Birmingham where he passed in 2 April 1970. Do not know when she died. Any inform. on this family or the Begg family would be appreciated. I have also been able to trace the Begg family back to John Begg (1762)& Margaret Moodie 1764 but can not find who Johns parents where. Regards SHaron Cunningham

trinkie
21-Oct-06, 15:48
Hallo,
I cant really help you with this.... but you say a three letter surname...

Oag is a common surname in Caithness. could that be it ?

can you make anything out of the writing - the first letter perhaps?

Regards
Trinkie

Sharon Cunningham
19-Aug-07, 15:56
I have just received the death cert. of Margaret (Meiklejohn)BEGG who was born 21 Jan.1902 in Wick & passed away 18/Oct.1976 in birmingham England. The informant was her brother in law Morris,Swanson MUNRO. Would anyone have connections to the birth records of 1902 in Wick that could tell me who her parents where or Census of 1900 or 1910.??? Regards S.Cunningham
cunningham.s@sympatico.ca or to my bccga.com address.

elizabeth forbes
20-Aug-07, 16:33
Margaret Meilkejohn , possible parents : Robert Meiklejohn & Maggie Oag married Wick 1897.

Regards
Teeny

Mamie_2
27-Aug-07, 00:26
I think his parents were John Begg and Catherine Brock.