PDA

View Full Version : J K Rowling

Birons
17-Nov-11, 09:09
We had a family come into our shop recently and spent about ten minutes having a good look around, eventually the lady came to me said how she likes having a nose in our type of shop and did we stock wind up torches.

We didn't have any in stock and off they went, but I remember thinking how exclusively she was dressed and looked familiar. I have just read in the Caithness Courier that JK Rowling and her family were in town and had lunched at Wickers World.

I'm ten steps behind the game as usual as it would have been nice to remind her that we both lived in the same small village outside Chepstow and I remember her as a ten year old.

Alice in Blunderland
17-Nov-11, 09:12
Ooooo maybe she is planning on having an ironmongers shop in her next book and she was doing some research by coming into your one for a look :D

pat
17-Nov-11, 09:51
No A-i-B,
they were looking for a new supplier of broomsticks for Harry Potter and Co - you may still be in with a chance of supplying them with these Birons.

Alice in Blunderland
17-Nov-11, 10:12
:Razz Naaaa I reckon she is looking for a new character ...............................Mr Biron himself may have been the object of her attention.........look out Mrs Biron fame may be beckoning him away from his pots, pans, buckets and spades.......... ;)

Bertieboy
17-Nov-11, 13:16
I was told she wanted a Large portion of Fish & Chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mi16
17-Nov-11, 13:20
We had a family come into our shop recently and spent about ten minutes having a good look around, eventually the lady came to me said how she likes having a nose in our type of shop and did we stock wind up torches.

We didn't have any in stock and off they went, but I remember thinking how exclusively she was dressed and looked familiar. I have just read in the Caithness Courier that JK Rowling and her family were in town and had lunched at Wickers World.

I'm ten steps behind the game as usual as it would have been nice to remind her that we both lived in the same small village outside Chepstow and I remember her as a ten year old.

And was it JK Rowling that was in the shop or not?
You should have said "No my torches are the real thing, its not a wind up"