PDA

View Full Version : Let's all welcome Wish to Scotland (Skye)

Ann
21-Oct-06, 09:48
Welcome to Scotland Wish! And of course to your family as well.

Now the first thing you do is look out for Cuddlepop; I heard she is baking you a cake! ;)

Now that's got CP rushing about the kitchen!

Seriously Wish, I hope you have a stressless move to Skye and that you will be able to take your time and settle in over the weekend. The important things to find in the packing are the kettle, microwave and the kiddies favourite toys!

All the best! :)

Alice in Blunderland
21-Oct-06, 09:51
Welcome hope you brought your welly boots and brolly:lol:
You have moved to such a lovely place enjoy.

lauraspetportraits
21-Oct-06, 10:43
Hi Wish, welcome to the Highlands!! Like Ann said - make sure you find the kettle early on, and the teaspoons!! We thought we were being really organised and had kettle, teabags, sugar, milk & mugs all unloaded, but no teaspoons:( so had to unpack every single kitchen box until we found them. :lol:

I hope Skye is eveything you wished for. Good luck!

Laura
--x--

Piglet
21-Oct-06, 10:45
Good luck wish & family with your new home.
I hope all goes well.

cuddlepop
21-Oct-06, 11:40
Anne thank you sooo much your sooo kind to offer my services of baking a cake,would you believe me when I said the oven's not working properly and will bake it lopesided.:lol:
Seriously a move is stress full and when Wish gets her PC up and running she'll be glad of the welcome.We might even get the community web site here a bit more active.
When Alice eventually lets me return her hospitality and Anne is next over and KIngetter gets sorted we could have a wee get together here too.:D

Kingetter
21-Oct-06, 11:47
Wish - you have a lot of well-wishers hoping that the move will go well for you and Skye is a beaut place to move to (if only it would stop raining:) )
CP - I look forward very much to my next visit to Skye and a get together there will be wonderful. Re the cake - make it a pineapple upside down cake and you'll get away with it, funny oven or not:lol:

Lucy
21-Oct-06, 12:47
Welcome to Scotland Wish. Hope you and your family settle in soon. If all your neighbours are like Cuddlepop i'm sure you will feel at home very soon. Hope to here from you on the message board soon.:D

Ann
21-Oct-06, 13:53
Anne thank you sooo much your sooo kind to offer my services of baking a cake,would you believe me when I said the oven's not working properly and will bake it lopesided.
Seriously a move is stress full and when Wish gets her PC up and running she'll be glad of the welcome.We might even get the community web site here a bit more active.
When Alice eventually lets me return her hospitality and Anne is next over and KIngetter gets sorted we could have a wee get together here too.

Yes, I'm up for that! Make it either An Tuirrean or Arriba as I love their home baking! :lol: An Tuirrean's Ecclefechan pie is to die for! ;)

cuddlepop
21-Oct-06, 14:45
Arriba's atmosphere is better and I use to work with some of the girls so we might get a bigger slice!!!.

Ann
21-Oct-06, 19:29
Arriba's atmosphere is better and I use to work with some of the girls so we might get a bigger slice!!!.

That'll do for me! ;)

Kingetter
21-Oct-06, 21:20
Any updates anyone? Anything to report?

Big Jean
21-Oct-06, 22:00
Hope you have a safe journey Wish, for yourself and your family .

footie chick
21-Oct-06, 22:37
Hope that you had a safe journey and WELCOME to our world! [lol]

cuddlepop
21-Oct-06, 22:58
No phone calls as yet Kingetter. Its too wet to wander over but if its dry tomorrow may pop over with a card.:)

Kingetter
22-Oct-06, 01:05
No phone calls as yet Kingetter. Its too wet to wander over but if its dry tomorrow may pop over with a card.:)

Thanks CP. Well if you see, hugs from us all to be passed on with our good wishes. OK?

Kingetter
22-Oct-06, 14:59
Weather update CP? Any news?

Murchiemannie
22-Oct-06, 17:47
Welcome to you and your family to the best place in the world Wish....Scotland.
Hope you all settle in quickly and please don't be put off if it's bucketing down..it can only soak you..keep a look out for the rainbow...know the old saying "there's a pot of gold at the end of it" sooo if you become bored in that wonderful corner of Bonnie Scotland...go find it girl.!

cuddlepop
22-Oct-06, 19:45
Was going to go over and see if they'd arrived tonight.It's a lovely night,crisp and clear.
Unfortunatly my daughter was told after work tonight there wasn't eneogh work for her so they had to let her go.I am frantically trying to work out how we can keep her at college as her bursary is insufficient.Too preoccupied with my delema:confused .Hopefully everything will seem clearer in the morning and I'll be in better form.:)

Kingetter
22-Oct-06, 19:57
CP, your own family matters must come first - tomorrow's another day.