PDA

View Full Version : another Friday night

robby50x
21-Oct-06, 07:47
It was quite a busy night last night with a fire in Leith walk police lookin for suspicious character there were burglar alarms going off in George St and Girnogoe St, so emergency Services would have quite a busy Night

katarina
21-Oct-06, 09:57
Last night? I live in one of the streets you mentioned and I never heard a thing. Nope - nice and peaceful all night.

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 10:05
ok whose lum was up ?

kas
21-Oct-06, 12:41
ok whose lum was up ?

More than a lum,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6072684.stm

If they catch who did this they should lock them up and throw away the key, especially with young kids in the house.

Lucy
21-Oct-06, 12:43
It was quite a busy night last night with a fire in Leith walk police lookin for suspicious character there were burglar alarms going off in George St and Girnogoe St, so emergency Services would have quite a busy Night
How do you manage to get so much info so quickly. i know the fire was reported in the paper but the alarms in girnigoe & george st weren't. were you out driving around last night or do you have one of those illegal scanner things.:D

Fran
21-Oct-06, 14:35
I herard the alarm in George Street going off for some time and thought it was from the garage. i then saw the detective with camera and a policeman coming out of a house and drive off

cuddlepop
21-Oct-06, 14:38
How could anyone set fire to someone elses house,its beyond contempt[disgust]

Kingetter
21-Oct-06, 14:44
How could anyone set fire to someone elses house,its beyond contempt[disgust]

There are so so many "How coulds" that we cannot truly answer I'm afraid.

Buttercup
21-Oct-06, 14:56
How do you manage to get so much info so quickly. i know the fire was reported in the paper but the alarms in girnigoe & george st weren't. were you out driving around last night or do you have one of those illegal scanner things.:D

Don't think there's anything illegal about having a scanner, it's only if you act upon what you heard on it. Anyway, I believe the use of mobile phones has "killed off" the scanner for most "gossip" nowadays. ;)

connieb19
21-Oct-06, 15:39
I cannot understand why anyone would want to have a scanner, other than hear the gossip before everyone else? What sad lives they must lead. :(

Buttercup
21-Oct-06, 16:05
I cannot understand why anyone would want to have a scanner, other than hear the gossip before everyone else? What sad lives they must lead. :(

Scanners were popular for all sorts of reasons - mostly granted for listening in to the Emergency services - but I think that on the whole they've been made redundant, as I said, by the use of mobile phones.
I think they're still used for listening in to the likes of ships and planes going past. But there's nothing new there, as I remember when I was young, relatives of fishermen/lifeboatmen tuning in to listen to them when they were at sea/called out.
Just for the record, I do not own one myself.

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 16:15
More than a lum,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6072684.stm

If they catch who did this they should lock them up and throw away the key, especially with young kids in the house.

I totally agree with you and i am sorry and apologise for sounding callous i just was not thinking when i typed the above comment

ice box
21-Oct-06, 17:22
How do you manage to get so much info so quickly. i know the fire was reported in the paper but the alarms in girnigoe & george st weren't. were you out driving around last night or do you have one of those illegal scanner things.:DDoesn't matter if you have a scanner now or not theres not much use for listen to the emergency service anymore as they use digital radio channels so they don't have people listen in and as for people hearing come on this is wick .

kas
21-Oct-06, 18:17
I totally agree with you and i am sorry and apologise for sounding callous i just was not thinking when i typed the above comment

I didnt think you were being callous:D , just cautous of believeing the rumour mill. We all know how many arms and legs are added on to things up here.

Lucy
21-Oct-06, 18:37
Truth be told we used to have a scanner to listen into the emergency services, but as you say the mobile phone soon overtook them and off course the Wick "grape vine" is also quicker.:lol:

connieb19
21-Oct-06, 21:30
Truth be told we used to have a scanner to listen into the emergency services, but as you say the mobile phone soon overtook them and off course the Wick "grape vine" is also quicker.:lol:
Is there a reason for wanting to listen in on the emergency services?

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 21:40
I didnt think you were being callous:D , just cautous of believeing the rumour mill. We all know how many arms and legs are added on to things up here.

Thanks Kas.......... was nice to see the police doing their job and door to door to see if anyone saw anything tho.........mind you most of the street slept through the whole thing and neither heard or saw anything