PDA

View Full Version : Nhs

Doreen
15-Nov-11, 14:11
Ihad to post this thread to say how much i appreciate the service we get from the NHS i felt unwell yesterday and was sent to Dunbar Hospital and was seen by staff nurse Moira and cant thank her enough for her proffesional care and reasurance her caring attitude was overwhelming but due to my condition from the past i had to go through to Caithness General and they were absoloutly the same every test was done bloods, xray the lot how lovely and caring they were as well in A@E for there first class care and how lucky we are in Caithness to have such proffessional caring nurses and doctors there one in a million .

Rheghead
15-Nov-11, 17:55
The service we get from the NHS in Caithness is usually top notch but if you need to go elswhere then it can be a different matter.

Corrie 3
15-Nov-11, 18:20
I agree Doreen, I have had nothing but first class service. I am very bitter mind that the Tories are starting to dismantle the NHS and started to sell parts of it off, I think they are totally wrong because it's us, the paying public, that has made the NHS what it is today, a world class health service.
We cannot allow the Tories to privatise such an historic institution like the NHS, just look at all the other utilities that they have privatised..Rail, power companies, BT to name a few. They are all ripping us off which didn't happen when they belonged to the state. I would be first in the queue when it comes to protesting about saving the NHS,
Glad you are ok and fit and well again, chin up Lass!!!.....:)

C3............[disgust][disgust]

Doreen
15-Nov-11, 19:36
Totally agree with you Corrie with all you have said and i would join the queue with you to and thanks for your kind words feel loads better :)

Alice in Blunderland
15-Nov-11, 19:56
hee hee I just have to agree with you on this one Doreen but everyone knows I'm biased ;)

Doreen
15-Nov-11, 20:32
He He thanks Alice in Blunderland:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
15-Nov-11, 21:24
Glad you received first class service from our local hospital. I am sure all the staff involved in your care will feel job well done. :Razz

As for the doctors what a handsome lot they are lol well one of them anyway.;)

Doreen
15-Nov-11, 21:32
Oh yes Alice in Blunderland nothing was to much and thorough but so was Dunbar you hear so many complaints but ive never experienced any problems but high caring standards.

Doreen
15-Nov-11, 21:58
Sorry Alice in Blunderland what was the one good looking one like please tell me coz they were all good looking what are we leek lol ;)

weezer 316
15-Nov-11, 22:26
I agree Doreen, I have had nothing but first class service. I am very bitter mind that the Tories are starting to dismantle the NHS and started to sell parts of it off, I think they are totally wrong because it's us, the paying public, that has made the NHS what it is today, a world class health service.
We cannot allow the Tories to privatise such an historic institution like the NHS, just look at all the other utilities that they have privatised..Rail, power companies, BT to name a few. They are all ripping us off which didn't happen when they belonged to the state. I would be first in the queue when it comes to protesting about saving the NHS,
Glad you are ok and fit and well again, chin up Lass!!!.....:)

C3............[disgust][disgust]

Its just constahnt nonsense with you isnt it! They aint privitizing anything! And those companies are better private because they cant be run as a public service!!

And its a shame because your usually on here complaimning about what a mess this country is!

Nhs is superb and we shuold be proud of it ALL the time, not when the agenda suits

Alice in Blunderland
15-Nov-11, 22:54
Sorry Alice in Blunderland what was the one good looking one like please tell me coz they were all good looking what are we leek lol ;)

Aww the one good looking one is tall....... ahem dark ;) and handsome.......oh and as bald as a coot lol And he most definitely swallowed the blarney stone.:Razz

sandyr1
16-Nov-11, 00:48
Your NHS/Dr. system in Caithness is excellent....
I had to use it twice in the past 10 years......
Just an interesting point which just shows how people treat things differently....
I had a cold/wheeze/cough...whatever you want to call it. I saw the Doc in Thurso and he gave me some medication and told me to go and 'Steam Ma Heed! The cloot over your head with a bowlie of hot water, and some eucalyptus oil or whatver in there for good measure.
Came back to Canada and still not totally better...Told my Asian Dr., what I was told...His comment..'We practice Modern Medicine in Canada'. and laughed.... he didn't saw one way or the other/ he chuckled.

gerry4
16-Nov-11, 13:01
Its just constahnt nonsense with you isnt it! They aint privitizing anything! And those companies are better private because they cant be run as a public service!!

Sorry to disagree but they are in England, one of the good things for devolution.

Also they are choosing some strange companies http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/nov/12/care-private-company-nhs-hospital?INTCMP=SRCH

(http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/nov/12/care-private-company-nhs-hospital?INTCMP=SRCH) Wonder if the £750k contribution to the Conservative had any baring on Global getting the contract.

Corrie 3
16-Nov-11, 14:04
Sorry to disagree but they are in England, one of the good things for devolution.

Also they are choosing some strange companies http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/nov/12/care-private-company-nhs-hospital?INTCMP=SRCH

(http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/nov/12/care-private-company-nhs-hospital?INTCMP=SRCH) Wonder if the £750k contribution to the Conservative had any baring on Global getting the contract.
Be careful Gerry, you will soon be accused of talking nonsense by my pal weezer, he will be happy now he has 2 people to have a go at!!!

C3..............:roll:;);)

gerry4
16-Nov-11, 15:11
got me hard hat on Corrie3 :confused

Corrie 3
16-Nov-11, 15:58
got me hard hat on Corrie3 :confused
And stab proof vest I hope, he goes straight for the Heart when he strikes....lol !!!
Nah, our Weezers a big soft pussy really, dont tell anyone but I actually like him!!!.....:eek:

C3......;)

Alice in Blunderland
16-Nov-11, 16:10
No matter what the politics behind the running of the NHS whether Scotland, England or anywhere in the country, its the front line staff who make or break the service.

If you dont have good staff you dont have a good service. :Razz

Garnet
16-Nov-11, 17:32
I have to agree with you there 'A in B', but that must include 'Management' (of all grades) just look at the lack of services which the CGH used to provide that you either have to travel to Raigmore for or wait weeks for until staff from there come here either for part of a day or incur overnight night expences in B&B's / hotels etc. Wonder when the next shot at closing the Maternity wing will be?? Oh and that 'new' lottery for the NHS!! Just another way of makng us pay for the health service again, if top management were'nt paid the colossal salaries for chipping away at the NHS things wouldn't be just as bad. I totally agree with all C3 says too. Rant over for now!

DMFB
16-Nov-11, 19:42
I have to agree with Doreen.I am now on in years and find myself needing the services of the CGH more frequently now they are the most pleasant and helpfull staff I could wish for.Nothing too much bother. Well done all.

poppett
17-Nov-11, 13:32
In the Inverness Royal Infirmary back in the early 1970`s the domestic staff and junior nurses had to hide when the consultant was on his rounds. I committed the mortal sin of being seen putting a polisher away just as Mr Anderson came on the ward. Sister didn`t have to say a word and I was cringing at the thought of the lecture I would get from her later on, but Mr Anderson complimented sister on her well run ward and how he appreciated all the hard work domestic and junior staff contributed and reminded her that without us the senior staff wouldn`t have an operating hospital. Still had sister ranting later, but Mr Anderson`s words never left me, and I feel his comments are just as fitting today.

Alice, why is it whenever you talk about tall dark handsome doctors my Dad ends up in as one of his patients. First class service as usual for Dad from CG staff. Hope to get him home tomorrow, after his chat in Arabic this afternoon.

Doreen
17-Nov-11, 14:55
Hi Poppet nice to hear your dad is on the mend and getting home .:)

poppett
19-Nov-11, 17:50
Thank you Doreen. Dad`s discharged planned now for Monday as there is no warden and ward couldn`t arrange homecare to restart until Monday night. He is feeling better, but happy to be so well looked after.