PDA

View Full Version : could someone please identify this bird for me?

picturegifts
15-Nov-11, 13:47
This little bird was in our garden this morning - would someone be kind enough to tell me what it is please.

Nick Noble
15-Nov-11, 13:56
I am very happy to be corrected by one of the far more knowledgeable birders on here, but pretty certain it is a male blackbird. They are occasionally found with various white patches.

picturegifts
15-Nov-11, 13:59
I am very happy to be corrected by one of the far more knowledgeable birders on here, but pretty certain it is a male blackbird. They are occasionally found with various white patches.

Oh thank you Nick, I didn't know that - well to be honest I don't know much about birds as you have probably gathered!

Kenn
15-Nov-11, 14:39
I would agree but what strange markings have seen albinos and a few with the odd white feathers that has to be the oddest!

Backlass
19-Nov-11, 19:20
yes, its an adult male Blackbird, but an unusal partial albino. There was a full albino Blackbird a few years back in Halkirk

wunnell
19-Nov-11, 19:48
There was a full albino Blackbird a few years back in Halkirk

But they ate it because they thought it was a swan?

golach
19-Nov-11, 21:20
Got a male blackbird in my locale with one white wing feather, it looks like a go faster stripe, he is a fair age now, at least 4 years old, and is the bully of the water bowls my neighbours put out.

Incognit0
20-Nov-11, 00:19
Looks like its friend pooped on its head lol