PDA

View Full Version : sailing cancelled

Tugmistress
07-Dec-04, 01:11
for stupid o'clock in the morning, if you are booked on or are planning on going over to stromness then the next sailing will be 12 noon tuesday 7th december.
normal service will now be resumed as sensibility has prevailed too long :eyes

captain chaos
08-Dec-04, 16:03
With Northlink in charge I very much doubt if normality will ever return .

All that millions of our money to run a so called service.

And they want more again to keep the service going.

No wonder Pentland ferries are fully loaded and the Hamnavoe is empty :evil

A real david v Goliath

stixie
08-Dec-04, 16:11
I sailed on the Hamnavoe every weekend for a year and found it was a fantastic service, i couldn't complain about anything. Other than weather, which is uncontrolable, they very rarely missed a sailing. I did cross on the Pentland ferry once and definately wouldn't say it was busy.

99% of Orcadians i know and also people from the mainland who travelled were 100% delighted with the crossing, the ferry and the sailing times.

captain chaos
08-Dec-04, 16:30
Listen to radio Orkney in a morning and you will find that its more like 99% of orcadians complaining about Nothlink. And the new time table has brought nothing but complaints

Yes its a nice new boat ,
But and its a bit but ..If pentland ferries can run(and make a profit) without a massive subsidy why do Northlink need so many million's of taxpayers money.

From what I understand and I may be wrong, Pentland ferries carried 80% of the farm animals across the Firth and Northlink 20% but get 100% of the grant for livestock!!

I'm all for fair competition but from listening to the debate it seems far from fair

Mr P Cannop
08-Dec-04, 17:42
Listen to radio Orkney in a morning and you will find that its more like 99% of orcadians complaining about Nothlink. And the new time table has brought nothing but complaints

Yes its a nice new boat ,
But and its a bit but ..If pentland ferries can run(and make a profit) without a massive subsidy why do Northlink need so many million's of taxpayers money.

From what I understand and I may be wrong, Pentland ferries carried 80% of the farm animals across the Firth and Northlink 20% but get 100% of the grant for livestock!!

I'm all for fair competition but from listening to the debate it seems far from fair

I Listen to radio orkney every week day morning

captain chaos
08-Dec-04, 17:53
Yes but do you listen to Radio Orkney as well !!!!! :evil

Mr P Cannop
08-Dec-04, 19:39
like i said yes i do

captain chaos
08-Dec-04, 19:51
Okay Mr P keep calm I was only pulling your leg as you typed you listened to Radio Orlney not Orkney

Mr P Cannop
08-Dec-04, 19:57
ok am sorry for any probs ??

Tugmistress
08-Dec-04, 22:30
not sure when the new timetable is coming in yet, i do know it has been delayed until after the dry dock of the hamnavoe in feb sometime when the hebridean isles is taking over again (this could change too, we don't know until it arrives!)
i would say quite a few people do not agree with the new timetable from what i have been hearing.