PDA

View Full Version : caithness wedding dance band

annemarie482
14-Nov-11, 22:01
help!
just been told the band for our wedding dance in june is double booked and cant do our wedding!

looking for advice on local bands as i dont get out often to hear many.

wanting someone who can do a range of music, for the old and young.
dont mind a bit of scottish music, but not wanting a night dedicated to it.

Croftergirl
15-Nov-11, 19:01
Hi Annemarie,

Have you tried Jude or the Chicken Pickers, I really lik both o them! and both play a big range o music.

annemarie482
15-Nov-11, 20:44
jude are already booked for our date.
waiting to hear back from eclipse just now. so fingers crossed!

Dadie
15-Nov-11, 23:51
Did you ask the band you had about suggestions to try?
It will all be OK in the day no matter who you get as the day is about the two of you and not really about the music, when it comes down to it!
We had the same problem and adding to the stress the make up person(booked months in advance on recommendations) didnt show for the rehearsal 2 weeks beforehand and had to get someone new without a trial for the day.
best wishes for the day!

theone
16-Nov-11, 02:08
Heard eclipse at a wedding a few months ago.

I'm not normally a fan of keyboard/guitar wedding bands but to be fair they were very good and played a good mix of well known songs to keep the dancefloor busy.

Good luck!

annemarie482
16-Nov-11, 10:40
thats good to hear theone!

i have seen some of their youtube videos but their not a band i've heard anyone mention before.
they have an excellent playlist on their website and also play ceildh music for that wee scottish touch! (really hard to find a band that can do both)

hoping i hear back soon!

starting to panic i wont have a band......

dollycat
16-Nov-11, 14:13
KW1 do a great mix of music and can give you songs with the fiddle or the accordian with Addie Harper alongside. They have a female vocalist and played at the Mackays hotel on Friday 11th November. Cant remember her number but if you want I can get it for you tonight when OH gets home.

annemarie482
16-Nov-11, 14:23
ah right dollycat!

have been trying to find a contact for them but was told they werent a band anymore!
obviously a lot of rubbish if they were playing at the weekend lol i've been told they very good x

dollycat
16-Nov-11, 16:05
Yes, they did a wedding and they did stop for a while as the singer was pregnant and took a break.

dollycat
16-Nov-11, 18:11
Have sent you a pm with the contact details for the band

burstbucker
17-Nov-11, 13:42
Try Half Canned Wick 603673.

22esra
18-Nov-11, 16:55
We had the Manglers from Thurso at our wedding dance in September absolutely fantastic everyone had a great time and they played a variety of music and had someone on the accordian for the Scottish Music. To date my guests still talk about how good the music was that night. Hope you get some one xx

West Coaster
19-Nov-11, 09:22
I was at a wedding dance recently and Whisky were playing and what a great night it was, they got everyone on the dance floor - they were excellent!

Jude
20-Nov-11, 12:27
There's also Kate Bain & Candy or The Jacks from Golspie you might want to try. Eclipse are a very good band that have been playing for many years but tend to play the Aberdeen circuit these days. They'd be a great band for your wedding if you can get them, they play a bit of everything. Good luck.

annemarie482
20-Nov-11, 12:30
thanks jude
just heard back from eclipse they're booked up too :(
waiting to hear from KW1 now

annemarie482
20-Nov-11, 12:32
We had the Manglers from Thurso at our wedding dance in September absolutely fantastic everyone had a great time and they played a variety of music and had someone on the accordian for the Scottish Music. To date my guests still talk about how good the music was that night. Hope you get some one xx

havent heard of the manglers, do they have a website? or any videos on youtube?

Deemac
20-Nov-11, 23:20
For the Manglers try here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prolific-The-Manglers/159473580793243

http://www.themanglersband.webs.com/

Deemac
21-Nov-11, 12:17
I was at a wedding dance recently and Whisky were playing and what a great night it was, they got everyone on the dance floor - they were excellent!

Thanks for the positive feedback :-)

stevie b
22-Nov-11, 18:01
Try the chicken pickers. ive got them booked for april. they may be young loons but they willdo a better show than most of the wedding or cover bands in caithness

telfordstar
22-Nov-11, 23:22
Highly recommend kw1 they were the band at our wedding.