PDA

View Full Version : Query on wheelie bins..

scrapydoo
20-Oct-06, 22:42
Just wondering if anyone knows how many people should be living in a household before you are provided a second bin by the council?

Alice in Blunderland
20-Oct-06, 22:45
Could it be six I think:roll:

angela5
20-Oct-06, 22:49
Could it be six I think:roll:

That's what i thought but i'm sure the council will say it's more.:roll:

paris
20-Oct-06, 22:59
Its 6 down here in Lincs. jan x:roll:

sweetpea
20-Oct-06, 23:17
You can buy an extra one, a bit drastic I know. Bout £25 or so they charge

caithnessboyagee
20-Oct-06, 23:18
just steal your neighbors one .

sweetpea
20-Oct-06, 23:22
I could do easily, she never takes it in lol

Alice in Blunderland
20-Oct-06, 23:22
For a while there the kids in certain streets in Wick were setting fire to them for fun cant imagine what sort of pleasure that gave but sure annoying for the folks who needed to get rid of their rubbish.:confused

Victor Vendetta
21-Oct-06, 10:24
I've contacted the council a number of times and been told you require more than five inhabitants (so why not say six?) before you can get a second bin.
There are five in our household so I offered to pay for an additional bin but they wouldn't have it.
Trying to recycle as much as I can.
If you manage to obtain a second bin they will uplift it anyway.
You just have to depend on someone not grassing you.
(I know the brown bin's for the grass)

Piglet
21-Oct-06, 10:43
My sister works in the council & has advised that is is 6 people to get a 2nd wheelie bin but if you do get yourself a 2nd wheelie bin there is no guarantee that the council will uplift from this bin.

Billy Boy
21-Oct-06, 11:03
you have to have 6 living in the house,and you may even be asked for proof that there is 6 living there.
i know for a fact that if their are two wheelie bins out the binmen WILL lift them

Buttercup
21-Oct-06, 14:37
Not sure how many inhabitants you need for a 2nd bin but I was having a clear out and since my friend was away on holiday I was going to use her bin too as she only stayed a few doors away. Before I did I thought I'd best check with the council and asked if it was OK for me to put both bins out at my door. I was told a definate NO. What difference 100 yards made I just can't understand. :confused
BTW Mr & Mrs Billy Boy, it very much depends who the binmen are as to wither they'll be obliging or not.

henry20
21-Oct-06, 14:41
it very much depends who the binmen are as to wither they'll be obliging or not.

They might even empty the bin afterwards :lol:

chaz
21-Oct-06, 15:14
There are 6 of us and both bins get collected ok, i got my second bin when there were only 5 of us, due to the fact one of the children wore nappys.

porshiepoo
21-Oct-06, 15:35
This is a sore subject for us. We are paying council tax on 2 properties (1 is derelict and 1 is temporary accomodation on site) and the council have told us that if we want a wheelie bin for the 2nd property then we're gonna have to pay for it! Wot a cheek - I thought that we were already doing that by paying council tax?????? [evil]

dirdyweeker
21-Oct-06, 16:19
I used to have trouble with my wheelie bin overflowing every week and having to put out black bags (you were allowed 2 extra bags) Now that we have so much facilities for recycling I must admit my bin is never full. There is heaps of stuff able to be recycled. I am sure if you made the effort you would notice a big difference to your bin. There are 5 in my house and I never would have believed it until I started recycling myself. Give it a go....

acameron
21-Oct-06, 16:24
i know for a fact that if their are two wheelie bins out the binmen WILL lift them

Mr and Mrs Billy Boy are right;
The binmen do not have a list of who has two bins, we lift the bins that are on our run unless we have been instructed otherwise.

Jings, Im talking about work on my day off.

highlander
21-Oct-06, 16:49
I hope you are not talking rubbish mrcameron lol

willowbankbear
21-Oct-06, 17:01
Could do with another wheelie bin here some weeks, specially christmas time:)

Billy Boy
21-Oct-06, 17:03
BTW Mr & Mrs Billy Boy, it very much depends who the binmen are as to wither they'll be obliging or not.

depending on where you live lol, i might be your binman & i am always obliging & if you speak really nice to me i will even lift yer bins:Razz

B.T.W never phone the rent office always speak direct to the binmen as you will get more satisfaction that way lol:D

henry20
21-Oct-06, 17:05
I have 2 wheelie bins (I acquired the 2nd one :lol:) and any time they both go out, they are always emptied.

Billy Boy
21-Oct-06, 17:08
I have 2 wheelie bins (I acquired the 2nd one :lol:) and any time they both go out, they are always emptied.

thats the bin police after you now lol :lol:

ice box
21-Oct-06, 17:29
Just wondering if anyone knows how many people should be living in a household before you are provided a second bin by the council?You could alway borrow from a empty house and not return it :lol:

willowbankbear
21-Oct-06, 19:53
You could alway borrow from a empty house and not return it :lol:

Aye & paint yer door number on it, so that way its your`s :roll:

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Oct-06, 20:06
Noticed that since we got the wee blue bin for papers and tins that oor wheelie bin ain't so fill now......or is it just me!!!:D

Tickle
21-Oct-06, 20:37
My sister works in the council & has advised that is is 6 people to get a 2nd wheelie bin

Well there is 6 living in my household and we were told by the council, " there needs to be 7 or more in your household to require a 2nd wheelie bin, each week if you have extra rubbish phone in and tell us how many bin-bags you need up-lifted":eek:

Alice in Blunderland
21-Oct-06, 20:44
A few years ago I remember phoning the council to ask for a second wheely bin.The first question they asked was how many are living in the house to which I replied six.I recieved a form within days and to recieve my bin I had to fill in names and ages of all those living in the house( council tennant Im sure they already had that info on file somewhere) what a farce needless to say the form went......into the wheely bin.I couldnt believe the paperwork just to get an extra bin mum and dad lived next door so I just loaded up there one whenever I needed to.. talk about bad neighbours :lol:

dirdyweeker
21-Oct-06, 21:30
The council do say if your bin is full just use the nearest one with space in it. Unfortunately I reckon that could create a war as some folk are very protective of their bins. Imagine............. number 19 wash their bin out every week and I go along with my fish heads !! I don't think I would be a popular neighbour for long.

molly
21-Oct-06, 21:54
We have six in our household. I asked at the council offices and was advised i was eligible for a 2nd bin. I had to fill in each persons details and age living at the house. If you need to purchase a second bin for use without six living at your house, It is £35.00

Tickle
21-Oct-06, 22:00
When was that molly because we only phoned on Thursday and was told 7.

footie chick
21-Oct-06, 22:14
What gets on my nerves is a neighbour whos household constists of 2 people and 2 dogs has a HUGE wheelie bin along with a normal size lifted every week us mere mortals who have 5+ in a household have to risk life and limb everyweek trying to squash our wheelie bin down to fit our rubbish in.

I'm not disrespecting bin men they are THE BEST in my street anyway.

It's the council that take my COUNCIL TAX that I'm angry with[disgust]

kwbrown111
21-Oct-06, 22:26
i could do with 2 but i would get away with one if they had somewhere to put plastic bottles

angela5
21-Oct-06, 22:29
i could do with 2 but i would get away with one if they had somewhere to put plastic bottles

We really do need a 'plastic recycling bank'.

molly
21-Oct-06, 22:41
When was that molly because we only phoned on Thursday and was told 7.

I moved in march, so i had to buy a new bin initally, this cost me £35.00. I then told the council i had six people in house. The advised me then i would be entitled to an extra one free. I got it within the week.

wifie
21-Oct-06, 23:00
I moved in march, so i had to buy a new bin initally, this cost me £35.00. I then told the council i had six people in house. The advised me then i would be entitled to an extra one free. I got it within the week.
Why did you have to pay for a bin initially - surely you are entitled to a bin for your property if there wasn't one?
By the way all you peeps who have no room in your bin on a weekly basis - what are you going to do when they start emptying bins fortnightly?
There are 4 (peeps not bins) in our house and we very rarely ever filled out bin - even before recycling. It does help to recycle but you are lucky you at least get tins taken away for you. Only papers and garden waste picked up in our neck of the woods and I think they are testing out collecting glass but I hope this doesn't mean another bin - I'm managing to hide 3 round the side of the old homestead at the moment but there is a limit!
All my other recycling stuff I drop off now and again at our local recycling place but depending on when you go, there can be a bit of a traffic jam going on - can't be too good for the old environment that can it?:confused

sweetpea
21-Oct-06, 23:24
why don't we have bins for papers and garden rubbish in the country? sooner we get em the better. I ahve 2 wheelie bins but feel ashamed putting them out every week.

Piglet
21-Oct-06, 23:26
we don't have recycling bins picked up from our house - we have 5 in our household & loads of pets could do with another bin or recycling would be a good idea as i don't drive cant take recycling stuff very far.

molly
22-Oct-06, 11:29
Why did you have to pay for a bin initially - surely you are entitled to a bin for your property if there wasn't one?
By the way all you peeps who have no room in your bin on a weekly basis - what are you going to do when they start emptying bins fortnightly?
There are 4 (peeps not bins) in our house and we very rarely ever filled out bin - even before recycling. It does help to recycle but you are lucky you at least get tins taken away for you. Only papers and garden waste picked up in our neck of the woods and I think they are testing out collecting glass but I hope this doesn't mean another bin - I'm managing to hide 3 round the side of the old homestead at the moment but there is a limit!
All my other recycling stuff I drop off now and again at our local recycling place but depending on when you go, there can be a bit of a traffic jam going on - can't be too good for the old environment that can it?:confused

We newly built our house. Apparently if it is a new property then you have to pay for your new bin as you do not automatically get one or you can take your old bin from your other property. I thought that was a bit tight when selling our other home. So, i left it and purchased a new one. We get no recycling bins either as our new house is classed as in a rural area even though we are not far from town.

wifie
23-Oct-06, 22:28
Molly
Wow that seems a bit tight - what do we pay all that council tax for?