PDA

View Full Version : Oven temperature query

changilass
13-Nov-11, 21:46
I'm used to gas or even an oven where the temp goes up to about 250 (220 being appx gas 7)

House I am in temp in oven only goes up to 190, does anyone know how to convert this to sumat I may understand?

Pretty please with a cherry on top.

orkneycadian
13-Nov-11, 22:03
Looks like no Yorkshire pudding with your roast beef!

Kenn
13-Nov-11, 22:16
http://www.circlecity.co.uk/kitchen/conversions/gasmark_temperatures.php

Hope that's of help.

changilass
13-Nov-11, 22:25
Not much Lizz, that means my oven only goes to gas 5, cannae make much in that sort of temps.

It does seem very hot though on 190 so must be some other scale unknown to myself.

Incognit0
13-Nov-11, 22:28
Is it a fan oven? If so they tend to run 20-30 degrees hotter...

Nick Noble
13-Nov-11, 22:40
If it is a fan oven then you cook at 20-30 degrees cooler than you would in a conventional oven. 190 degrees is a fairly standard top temperature on fan ovens.

You'll soon get used to it.

Simply reduce the required temperature by 30 degrees and you'll have the correct temperature for your oven.

For example if you need to cook at 220/gas mk 7 simply cook at 190. I can honestly say I've never had mine hotter than 180 degrees and everything cooks perfect.

changilass
13-Nov-11, 23:09
Cheers all, will try it 30 less and see what happens.

Gowd I hate moving house :-(

golach
14-Nov-11, 00:32
Changi try here

http://www.webpie.co.uk/whatscooking/oven_temperature_equivalents.php

orkneycadian
15-Nov-11, 23:50
That chart seems to be missing peats off it!

As Colin Campbell said - "Gas mark 5 or a hunderweight and a half of paets" :)

changilass
16-Nov-11, 23:04
Finally got it worked out.

NEFF do a thing called 'Circo therm', managed to get a conversion chart from their website, so hopefully, I will be able to cook some decent meals for the family again.

golach
16-Nov-11, 23:11
Finally got it worked out.

NEFF do a thing called 'Circo therm', managed to get a conversion chart from their website, so hopefully, I will be able to cook some decent meals for the family again.

Your not just a pretty face then changilass lol