PDA

View Full Version : how low will some people go ????

sam
20-Oct-06, 19:42
Banker 'stole cash for cocaine'

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42221000/jpg/_42221862_203.jpg Jameson stole to feed his former cocaine addiction

A bank teller who plundered the accounts of two pensioners to feed his cocaine addiction has been jailed.
Johnathon Lawrence Jameson, 24, used his position in an Ulster Bank branch in Belfast to steal £18,000.
He claimed he stole the money from the accounts at the bank's Connswater branch to pay off loan sharks he had borrowed from to buy cocaine.
Jameson was jailed for 15 months for "deliberately targeting" pensioners' accounts because they were seldom used.
Jameson, originally of Castlemore Avenue, admitted stealing the money in August and September last year.
A defence lawyer said Jameson stole the money in a "panic" and that he had "got himself into a complete and absolute mess".

'Checked other transactions'

In a letter read to the court by the lawyer, Jameson claimed the fact his victims were "old and infirm" had nothing to do with stealing from them.
He wrote that he hoped someday his victims would forgive him and claimed he stole from them simply because their high balance accounts were seldom used.
A prosecution lawyer said the theft of £10,000 from the account of one customer in his 80s came to light when his niece queried two withdrawals. The bank then checked other transactions Jameson had carried out, and discovered another £8,000 cash withdrawal from the account of an 88-year-old woman. During police interview, Jameson denied stealing the monies, but admitted he had debts of up to £50,000.

sam
20-Oct-06, 19:45
i think its really disgusting that someone would stoop so low as to steal fron pensioners, he said that it wasnt because they were old but because their accounts had high amounts in them and were seldom used, like that makes it alright . he was in a position of trust.
makes you wonder if your money is really safe in the bank when things like this can happen.[evil]

martin macdonald
20-Oct-06, 21:08
but for the grace of god go i,:D

danc1ngwitch
20-Oct-06, 21:52
It's true u know the world would be a fine place wea out people. Nope that was wrong i shouldna have said that. Most of us are just fine.
I have never stolen from another, I have never ever tryed drugs this is true.. No dont roll yer eyes LoL.
I have tho recently told one of my little girls friends not to come back as she has stolen alot of money from me over the last few weeks. Why well because she smokes, I do not want the money back as her mother is not able to afford it. She knows she did wrong but she is not sorry, now this will be a problem for her in later life. When i spoke to her mum well the attitude was there. People should ask if they want or need, not take from others no matter what...x