PDA

View Full Version : coffee!!!

danc1ngwitch
20-Oct-06, 18:56
How many cups of coffee do u drink in a day ???. I watched something on T.V other night that said if u drink a cup of coffee at 4 pm in afternoon then it can be in yer system next day etc...

martin macdonald
20-Oct-06, 21:10
i drink about 6 mugs a day. i like coffee:Razz

Kingetter
20-Oct-06, 21:12
i drink about 6 mugs a day. i like coffee:Razz
Likewise only I love coffee - next to my malt!;)

danc1ngwitch
20-Oct-06, 21:14
Yer all goin ta be nervous wrecks accordin to what i watched on TV.. LoL..

sapphire
20-Oct-06, 21:18
I'm afraid my habit stretches to a measly one mug usually in the afternoon, after work.....especially if I'm feeling a little cold.....it warms my hands up!:lol:

Alice in Blunderland
20-Oct-06, 21:21
I usually drink coffee in the afternoon.I can only drink tea in the morning and evening dont know why Ive never been able to drink coffee first thing in the morning:confused

Kingetter
20-Oct-06, 21:23
Yer all goin ta be nervous wrecks accordin to what i watched on TV.. LoL..
Too late:confused

angela5
20-Oct-06, 21:24
Hate the smell and taste of coffee. A nice cup a tea several times a day is fine.

sapphire
20-Oct-06, 21:27
Hate the smell and taste of coffee. A nice cup a tea several times a day is fine.

No worries Angela it's definately not coffee you have in your glass now......you have my word on it!:lol:

danc1ngwitch
20-Oct-06, 21:31
People who drink lots and lots of tea are supposed to look younger than what they are. Is this true Angela?? LoL.

angela5
20-Oct-06, 21:34
People who drink lots and lots of tea are supposed to look younger than what they are. Is this true Angela?? LoL.

Eh, ask sapphire, but wait a wee while preferably after they've had a few glasses.:lol:

Tiger Jones
20-Oct-06, 21:35
People who drink lots and lots of tea are supposed to look younger than what they are. Is this true?? LoL.I can confirm :cool:

sapphire
20-Oct-06, 21:39
Eh, ask sapphire, but wait a wee while preferably after they've had a few glasses.:lol:

You're only saying that cos you know I still owe you one!
OK! Ok its true ....all true! She looks young....very young ...getting younger all the time!
Now will you stop kicking me Angela!!:eek:

Kingetter
20-Oct-06, 21:47
I can confirm :cool:

Baby Face, you've got the cutest etc etc:lol:

Tiger Jones
20-Oct-06, 21:50
Baby Face, you've got the cutest etc etc:lol:Thank you, sir. I can honestly say that my etc etc has never before been admired :cool:

Kingetter
20-Oct-06, 21:53
Thank you, sir. I can honestly say that my etc etc has never before been admired :cool:
That can only be answered by PM!

sweetpea
20-Oct-06, 23:15
I don't drink coffee at all, not for years. Every time I took a cup I got a real burning pain, but I'm a 'tea jenny' Can't think without a cup in my hand.

saxovtr
21-Oct-06, 01:24
i dont drink coffee unless im offered a cuppa which isnt often as i avoid the stuff!

moonshadow
21-Oct-06, 01:33
i love my coffee and will drink alot if i didnt watch my caffeine intake. i like to keep my coffee excess down by drinking herbal teas and fruit juices also. i used to drink ap to 4 or 5 pints of coffee a day.

jemmima-june
21-Oct-06, 10:29
It takes a cup of coffee to make me civil in the morning without that one cup i am my own worst enemy and to be avoided at all costs lol

Ricco
21-Oct-06, 13:08
Sadly, I can only have about 4 cups a week. I found that I was getting extra-systolic beats because of the caffeine. Mind you - I can drink as much tea as I like without an extra beat. Different caffeine? :eek:

danc1ngwitch
21-Oct-06, 22:07
suppose folks drink way to much cokes and stuffs wea out thinkin about it.

Piglet
21-Oct-06, 22:12
Well i drink 2 cups a day but my hubby drinks about 16 cups - so please advise on what this means from the programme you watched danc1ngwitch.

danc1ngwitch
21-Oct-06, 22:18
Lowers ma head, smiles .. ops canna help it i tryed .. wow yer hubbie i;ll be peeing well then yep..lol x

MadPict
21-Oct-06, 23:45
You can jump start your car without cables.
You answer the door before people knock.
You get a speeding ticket even when you are parked.
You've worn out your third pair of shoes this week.
Your eyes stay open even when you sneeze.
You grind coffee beans in your mouth.
You can type sixty words per minute -- with your feet.
You soak your dentures in coffee overnight.
You sleep with your eyes open.
You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.
Instant coffee takes too long to make.
You channel surf faster without the remote.
You don't sweat... you percolate.
You've built a miniature city out of little plastic stirrers.
You short out motion detectors.
You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.
The only time you are standing still is during an earthquake!
You've worn the finish off your coffee table.
All your kids are named Joe.
Juan Valdez named his donkey after you.
People get dizzy just watching you.
Starbucks owns the mortgage on your house.
The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.
The Taster's Choice couple wants to adopt you.
When someone asks 'How are you?' you say, 'Good to the last drop'.
You buy milk by the barrel.
You can outlast the Energizer bunny.
You can take a picture of yourself from ten feet away without using the timer.
You can't even remember your second cup.
You chew on other people's fingernails.
You don't even wait for the water to boil anymore.
You don't get mad, you get steamed.
You don't need a hammer to pound in nails.
You don't tan, you roast.
You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.
You go to AA meetings just for the free coffee.
You go to sleep just so you can wake up and smell the coffee.
You have to watch videos in fast-forward.
You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.
You help your dog chase its tail.
You introduce your spouse as your coffee mate.
You just completed another sweater and you don't know how to knit.
You lick your coffeepot clean.
You name your cats Cream and Sugar.
You ski uphill.
You speak perfect Arabic without ever taking a lesson.
You speed-walk in your sleep.
You spend every vacation visiting Maxwell House.
You think being called a drip is a compliment.
You think CPR stands for Coffee Provides Resuscitation.
You'd be willing to spend time in a Turkish prison.
Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup.
Your coffee mug is insured by Lloyds of London.
Your lips are permanently stuck in the sipping position.
Your nervous twitch registers on the Richter scale.
Your only source of nutrition comes from Sweet & Low.
Your taste buds are so numb; you could drink your lava lamp.
Your Thermos is on wheels.
You're so wired, you pick up AM radio.
You've built a miniature city out of little plastic stirrers.
You've worn out the handle on your favourite mug.
You take your morning coffee with you in the shower.
Your heart beats noticeably faster as a reaction to the smell of coffee.

changilass
21-Oct-06, 23:56
Yeuk hate the stuff, it smells, normally manage at least one cup of tea a day but not always, but have a pint glass of water at my side at all times, drink gallons of the stuff

JAWS
22-Oct-06, 03:38
Where do they get these ideas? Coffee at 4pm will still be in your system the following day.
I wonder what the cumulative effect is? I must average around a cup an hour every day.
At that rate I would think there would be enough to stay in my system for the next 30 years.
Ah well, time to top up with another one! I love "scare stories" they can keep me giggling for weeks.

I'm still waiting to die from mercury poisoning from all the Tuna Fish I was warned not to eat 50 years ago.
So far, so good, but I'll make no comment about mercury and brain damage, thank you very much!

MadPict
22-Oct-06, 07:31
Coffee has been shown to leech calcium from your body - so if you drink several cups a day, do you suffer from aching joints? You might scoff(ee) at this theory but I worked with a heavy coffee drinker and when I told him this he cut out coffee and reduced his daily caffeine intake and reported the reduction in his aches and pains fairly quickly.
Maybe it was the reduction in trips to the tearoom that helped....

elaine
22-Oct-06, 12:35
I used to love a coffee.
Until it dawned on me that it was the cause of my constant headaches and my migraines were getting worse (having a stoater every couple of weeks). It was like I was becoming super-sensitive to it (even de-caff - I'll come back to that!).

Anyway, gave it up and to my joy and delight have not had a migraine in a year and the persistant dull headache (which I used to wake up with every morning) is also a thing of the past - I feel so much fresher and clear-headed without it!
Am also gutted - especially taking in the smell whilst walking past a coffee shop (I feel like an ex-smoker - sucking in the fumes! heh heh).

Back to the de-caf. I heard a radio prog about coffee and all the other nasty stuff that's in it besides the caffeine. It also said that because the de-caffeination process tended to strip the coffee of taste they end up using wicked strong tasting beans so that there is a decent taste left. Stronger in other things too maybe? hmmm

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3035336

This left me with the conclusion that I am sensitive to something else in the coffee, not the caffeine, because I can take tea etc.
I also know of at least 4 people whose heart complaints have improved by giving up coffee - it makes you think dunnit?

So, if you've got a regular thumping head or a fluttery ticker it might be worth while experimenting and trying a fortnight without to see if it makes any difference!