PDA

View Full Version : Responsive MSP

spurtle
11-Nov-11, 17:53
What does it take to get a reply to a letter or e-mail from Rob Gibson - anyone know?

John Little
11-Nov-11, 18:02
LOL! Probably the same as with any other politician - time, so that one of his team can get back to you.

If you are a constituent probably reasonably quickly.

If you are not - then maybe in 10 years or so...

davem
11-Nov-11, 18:10
Tweet him?

spurtle
11-Nov-11, 18:17
Eh? I am an old fogie! I can do e-mail, which I have done a number of times, and have written about 2 months ago - John Thurso and another of his colleagues have been helpful and responsive, but point out that he is my MSP, and therefore the most appropriate person to contact. I have written, over the last 2/3 years, about 6 or 7 letters, as well as phone messages, without any reply - he could have acknowledged or told me to naff off, which is better than a blank wall.
Tweet him?

John Little
11-Nov-11, 18:21
In your shoes I'd go to one of his surgeries and ask why he has not responded.

poppett
11-Nov-11, 19:35
Failing the surgery ask John Thurso to pass on your complaint to Rob Gibson as he will respond then if he knows someone else is aware of your problem.

Good luck, as I have never known Rob Gibson to talk any sense.

Kevin Milkins
11-Nov-11, 21:34
You could send him a letter bomb :eek: that usually attracts a response.;)

aidipi
11-Nov-11, 23:39
My daughter recently emailed him and got a pretty quick response.

secrets in symmetry
12-Nov-11, 00:07
For years, I have been trying to work out who Rob Gibson's long lost twin brother is. I have it now:

http://www.t0ester.co.uk/otb/stars/blakey/02.jpg
Rob Gibson

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/imagelibrary/Client%20Images/Client00007/00123000/00123364.jpg
Blakey from "On the Buses"

Rheghead
12-Nov-11, 00:21
I've contacted him twice and had prompt responses from Rob Gibson MSP, he has helped me on a couple of occasions with a couple of issues. Of all the local politicians, he has the most knowledgeable finger on the pulse with respect to jobs and Climate Change. I do not agree with his presentation of John MacKay's tweets , utterly poor show Rob on that front and you know it ;)

secrets in symmetry
12-Nov-11, 00:23
Yes, it was a poor show indeed. I thought he was better than that.

Humerous Vegetable
12-Nov-11, 13:14
Hah.....try contacting Highland council about....anything at all, really. I e-mailed a council employee at the end of September, and finally received a reply yesterday. But only after I'd had to write a letter of complaint to the CEO. The Thurso councillor I e-mailed 4 weeks ago in the fond hope that he would chase things along, still hasn't replied.
I think the only way to get a response from Highland council would be to set fire to their expenses claims.

spurtle
12-Nov-11, 16:38
I've contacted him twice and had prompt responses from Rob Gibson MSP, he has helped me on a couple of occasions with a couple of issues. Of all the local politicians, he has the most knowledgeable finger on the pulse with respect to jobs and Climate Change. I do not agree with his presentation of John MacKay's tweets , utterly poor show Rob on that front and you know it ;)

John knows how to dish it out, too

elastic band
15-Nov-11, 13:38
Disappointed with local MSP'e etc in their lack of response to changes proposed to Dunbar -why are they not supporting the community and staff involved ??

spurtle
16-Nov-11, 10:37
I had hoped that these exchanges might have elicited some response to my emails and letters, but sadly, no. He states on his web-page "I am here to listen to all your issues, big or small" Perhaps mine is middle-sized? Not to me it isn't. I will try popping in to his office today