PDA

View Full Version : Sepultura - Best Of

the_big_mac
20-Oct-06, 17:59
Just bought this and what a collection of absolute classic pioneering thrash metal tracks.

An absolute must for every metal fan.

Although I did also get Theory Of A Deadmans album (on a recomendation from a very close friend and band mate). All I can say is that it is purley cack!

Moncur, dont be letting the bald one include any of thier covers in the setlists, please!

Jeid
20-Oct-06, 19:20
Theory Of A Deadman.... Poor man's Stickelback... and that's pretty darn poor!

K dragon
21-Oct-06, 03:22
to helll with that, i like theory of a dead man fair dos the second album isnt up to par but the first i like. and i love santa monica off the second album.

sweetpea
21-Oct-06, 23:46
I've seen sepeltura loads of times and I keep going back cause they're ace.

DM
22-Oct-06, 01:27
Saw the Seps only once at the barras but it totally blew me away, Paradise Lost supporting......what a gig

the_big_mac
22-Oct-06, 03:39
I've seen sepeltura loads of times and I keep going back cause they're ace.

Before or after Max left?

Metalattakk
22-Oct-06, 13:20
Saw them do a 3rd support slot at Donnington, must have been '93 with Aerosmith headlining. (Was the first of the two-stage Donnington's, I remember that!!)

Sepultura were frankly rubbish, but then that sort of music is better close up and sweaty, not chilled and relaxed in a field in the sun.

K dragon
22-Oct-06, 15:33
donnington? relaxed? as in the DOWNLOAD festival, which was formally known as MONSTERS OF ROCK.

man i wonder why sepultura were playing there?

and you sure you werent realxed ion that field after taken something lol

moncur
22-Oct-06, 17:26
Just bought this and what a collection of absolute classic pioneering thrash metal tracks.

An absolute must for every metal fan.

Although I did also get Theory Of A Deadmans album (on a recomendation from a very close friend and band mate). All I can say is that it is purley cack!

Moncur, dont be letting the bald one include any of thier covers in the setlists, please!

No worries, im not into that cack anyway. the singer is a wannabe chad kroeger, who IMHO resembles a wannabe poodle. Poodles have annoying yelps, as does chad kroeger.

Metalattakk
22-Oct-06, 17:40
donnington? relaxed? as in the DOWNLOAD festival, which was formally known as MONSTERS OF ROCK.

man i wonder why sepultura were playing there?

and you sure you werent realxed ion that field after taken something lol

Nope, the Donnington Monsters Of Rock festival held at the Donnington Racetrack in the East Midlands in 1994 (not '93 as I said before). There was about 12 of them in all, before it all went sour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_Rock

The Download festival was a much later invention, and piggy-backed on the name Monsters Of Rock for a while too.

Honestly, you youngsters have no idea of the history.... ;)

K dragon
23-Oct-06, 04:14
history was never my strongpoint apologise for the mistake.

The Pepsi Challenge
23-Oct-06, 04:31
Nope, the Donnington Monsters Of Rock festival held at the Donnington Racetrack in the East Midlands in 1994 (not '93 as I said before). There was about 12 of them in all, before it all went sour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_Rock

The Download festival was a much later invention, and piggy-backed on the name Monsters Of Rock for a while too.

Honestly, you youngsters have no idea of the history.... ;)

That last sentence is pretty rich: who else do you know was playing Enter Sandman aged 24? :)

Metalattakk
23-Oct-06, 11:31
Sorry Pepsi, I don't follow your line of thought there.

Please explain.

robglysen
27-Oct-06, 07:25
Cant believe they left 'Under Seige' off the album, and 'slaves of pain', gross negigence.

Also, paradise lost, what a band, their cover of venoms 'in nominee satanas' is just bleeping awesome.

Ah well, if you cant make Stevies halloween, you can listen to mine at 10:00 on 102.5.