PDA

View Full Version : Border Controls

ducati
11-Nov-11, 04:15
Hands up anyone who understands that the Pilot being discussed wasn't a relaxing or watering down of controls, but a shift in focus from routine to 'intelligence' lead checks?

I have not seen any press article or headline that doesn't scream about watering down and relaxing of controls.

As it has been clearly stated, and then explained in words even the press can understand (you'd think) I can only imagine these journo's are either thick or just write what they want regardless of the facts (big surprise there).

No wonder the population in this country (UK) seem to have no clue what is going on.:roll:

Corrie 3
11-Nov-11, 09:53
I dont understand whats going on with our Border Controls either Duke. I think we should do away with them and just let everone in....oh, hang on a minute, we do that already!!!
It does look like May is passing the blame once again, she is well known for that!!!

C3.............:roll:;)

ducati
11-Nov-11, 10:00
It does look like May is passing the blame once again, she is well known for that!!!

C3.............:roll:;)

Yes, if you listen to the press! :roll:

You understand that we have no right to interfere with the free movement of EU citizens accross EU borders don't you?

Anymore than any other EU country has the right to do the same to UK citizens. As I understand it, the pilot was purely designed to try a better system to accommodate this obligation. However, for whatever reason, the Border personnel were instructed by their bosses to apply the same conditions to non EU citizens and that was wholly against the instructions from the Home Office. Not difficult to understand if you listen to what the people involved say and not the slavering press, is it?