PDA

View Full Version : The J. Fats Band

Chobbersjnr
20-Oct-06, 15:40
will be appearing live in the Town & County Club (the Backbridge Street Club) in Wick tomorrow night (Sat 21st) from 9:30-12:45ish. Admission is free so get yourselves along for a hooley

Also Sunday (22nd) in the Orange Room lounge (Park Hotel), Thurso from 3pm till late also admission free

Looking forward:)

canuck
20-Oct-06, 17:23
Might I warn readers who are not members at the Backbridge Street Club that they will need a Canadian accent to get past the first wave of guards and a kindly husband to sign them in at the next check point.

Gleber2
20-Oct-06, 18:47
Might I warn readers who are not members at the Backbridge Street Club that they will need a Canadian accent to get past the first wave of guards and a kindly husband to sign them in at the next check point.
Worth it when you got there though!!!

Never thought I would re-emerge but I must admit I'm looking forward to it.

pultneytooner
20-Oct-06, 18:58
Hope you have a good crowd and a good night gleber2.....http://www.abetterplace2b.org/abp/pic/smilies/band3.gifhttp://www.abetterplace2b.org/abp/pic/smilies/drummer.gif

golach
20-Oct-06, 19:11
Canuck, a wee question, HOW many husbands did you aquire this trip? [lol]

Gleber2
20-Oct-06, 19:34

You can't expect a lady to divulge secrets of that nature.;)

Chobbersjnr
20-Oct-06, 21:05

hmmmm I never got a proposal:lol:

connieb19
21-Oct-06, 12:58
This is just what the backer is needing, it used to be a great crack on a Saturday night. Hope you get a good crowd Gleber2. I could do with a night out, I might just be there lol. :D

Ann
21-Oct-06, 14:16

Hmm... I might have managed the Canadian accent but the husband....? ;)

canuck
21-Oct-06, 14:29
Hmm... I might have managed the Canadian accent but the husband....? ;)

Our backup plan for getting in last week was to use the phrase "we are with the band." Maybe you can get it to work for you tonight. What I can assure you is that the music will be excellent. I enjoyed the rehearsal concert last Sunday. And when I say enjoy, I mean really, really enjoyed it. And if you don't trust my musical judgement you can PM gleeber for confirmation.

Gleber2
21-Oct-06, 18:41
Our backup plan for getting in last week was to use the phrase "we are with the band." Maybe you can get it to work for you tonight. What I can assure you is that the music will be excellent. I enjoyed the rehearsal concert last Sunday. And when I say enjoy, I mean really, really enjoyed it. And if you don't trust my musical judgement you can PM gleeber for confirmation.

You're with the band, Ann. Your name will be at the door.

willowbankbear
21-Oct-06, 19:22
Bingobabe is planning a look Gleber2, Ive raved on about yer band to her & she is intrigued into going to see the show for herself. Im skint so Im afraid Ill miss the gig[evil]

Ann
21-Oct-06, 19:23

I have heard G2's and Cjnr's music many times. At first it was in the Mackay's Hotel in Wick and I now have a standing invitation to The Lighthouse and yes, I agree with you, the music is outstanding!

Won't be along tonight though, previous commitments :~( but it is good to know I can use the phrase "I'm with the band" ! ;)

Thanks anyway John, maybe next time.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Oct-06, 20:45
Gonna miss it oor Chobbers,but how did I get in the Backer last weekend.Oh aye the door was opened,with a healthy amount of nicotine fans ootside.:lol: :lol:

JAWS
22-Oct-06, 02:19
My method was similar to that of Cedric with the added twist of ensuring I had my natural expression on my face.
It's one which has always served me well. People take one look and realise that there is nothing between my ears and that I might even be on a different planet.
They then usually take one of two courses of action. They either make sure that they can get me past them as quickly as possible or, the more kindly ones, take pity and offer to help me find where I'm looking for as fast as they can.
Nobody enquires too closely in case getting involved disrupts their entire evening.

Earlhickey
22-Oct-06, 11:35
Was in Backer last night the band were excellent had a really good night. Its about time the Backer were having dances again.

orcadian1964
22-Oct-06, 12:16
We arrived in the backer about half way through the set - just in time for an absolutely brilliant version of "Crossroads" - well done guys. As the intro started I could have sworn it was "Sleep now in the fire" by Rage Against The Machine .... lol ... probably a song never to be heard in the backer though. Made me do a bit of a double take!

Gleber2
23-Oct-06, 15:49
Many thanks to all those who turned out to support my return to the business. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

J.Fats

dunderheed
23-Oct-06, 19:18
i did plan to go on sunday to see you in the park gleber, unfortunately i had to work , however i did hear some of your set from the backdoor of somerfield as i was "pulling in". it sounded excellent, never mind maybe next time