PDA

View Full Version : Period Drama's

chocolatechip
10-Nov-11, 13:03
What period drama's do you all enjoy? I like Downton Abbey can't wait for the Xmas Special and the 3rd series to come out. I also like all the Jane Austen period dramas.

poppett
10-Nov-11, 19:36
I enjoy Downton Abbey too and also Lark Rise to Candleford when it is on BBC1.

chocolatechip
10-Nov-11, 21:45
Oh yeah I forgot about Lark Rise To Candleford, I am sure there is a few more I could mention but can't remember them all

billmoseley
10-Nov-11, 22:34
Only fools and horses must be my fav

secrets in symmetry
10-Nov-11, 23:51
I enjoy watching a certain reality show which is set in the North of Scotland in the early 21st century. Some of the characters are outrageous, but I believe they reflect many aspects of life in those parts with uncanny accuracy.

Does anyone know what it's called?

poppett
11-Nov-11, 19:38
Garrow`s law starts again on Sunday BBC1.

Camra
12-Nov-11, 18:04
I live in a house full of women. Its a nightmare now they've all synchronised i can tell you !!!

John Little
12-Nov-11, 18:14
They are pretty much all the same.

They are really modern soap operas in old fashioned clothes. The attitudes are all 21st century full of care, equality, empathy, racial tolerance; they are all clean, nobody smells and the aristocrats are really really concerned about the welfare of their hirelings...

If Sunday night were full of the real smells and attitudes of the past it seems to me that there'd be quite a shock to a lot of people.

Perfumed and sanitised soap.

My wife loves it.

Torvaig
12-Nov-11, 18:29
I enjoy watching a certain reality show which is set in the North of Scotland in the early 21st century. Some of the characters are outrageous, but I believe they reflect many aspects of life in those parts with uncanny accuracy.

Does anyone know what it's called?

Caithness.org!

sandyr1
12-Nov-11, 18:37
Caithness.org!

Ditto.........................

secrets in symmetry
12-Nov-11, 21:22
Caithness.org!

Ditto.........................
Better than EastEnders, innit?