PDA

View Full Version : Grand Tours of Scotland

Dog-eared
09-Nov-11, 21:39
I't on just now on BBC1. I like the relaxed presentation and the amazing camera work. Watch out for the Thurso surfing girlie taking the presenter out.
A good programme on my favourite part of the Highlands.

poppett
10-Nov-11, 19:44
I managed to miss this after telling dozens of folk to remember to watch. It isn`t showing on iplayer, or I`m too stupid to find it. Link please, if there is one. Thanks

cptdodger
10-Nov-11, 20:05
Poppett, I watched it earlier on BBC I Player, you have to change it to BBC Scotland, there's a drop down menu approx a third down the page.

Mystical Potato Head
10-Nov-11, 20:06
I managed to miss this after telling dozens of folk to remember to watch. It isn`t showing on iplayer, or I`m too stupid to find it. Link please, if there is one. Thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0171n40/Grand_Tours_of_Scotland_Series_2_Episode_2/

Try this,think it works.

fender
11-Nov-11, 13:51
A good programme just a pitty the presenter did not know which bay he was in!!! Now I like Dunnet Bay but I also like Thurso Bay but which one is best. etc, etc, etc.

Cape Crusader
11-Nov-11, 18:55
Programme is repeated this Sunday afternoon on BBC 1.

poppett
11-Nov-11, 19:28
Just seen the Sunday afternoon repeat so have put it on Sky+. Looking forward to it, and again next week when it goes to Rothesay on the Isle of Bute where I was born.

secrets in symmetry
12-Nov-11, 00:14
A good programme just a pitty the presenter did not know which bay he was in!!! Now I like Dunnet Bay but I also like Thurso Bay but which one is best. etc, etc, etc.Lol! I know exactly what you mean! One camera shot would be of Dunnet Bay. The next Thurso Bay. Then back to Dunnet. Then Thurso again.... Then Dunnet again....

I know they have artistic licence, but that was ridiculous!

Torvaig
12-Nov-11, 00:47
Lol! I know exactly what you mean! One camera shot would be of Dunnet Bay. The next Thurso Bay. Then back to Dunnet. Then Thurso again.... Then Dunnet again....

I know they have artistic licence, but that was ridiculous!

The waves in Thurso Bay were way too high for amateurs; Dunnet was much more placid!

secrets in symmetry
12-Nov-11, 00:51
Yes, but that is no reason for switching bays with every camera shot. It was verging on the ridiculous.