PDA

View Full Version : Haggis

John Little
09-Nov-11, 20:24
One of the wee souvenirs that we brought back from Thurso was a haggis from Harrolds butchers. It was frozen and we clapped it in the freezer when we got home. We finally had it tonight.

I have to say that it is without doubt the best haggis I have ever tasted in my life - Mrs L thinks the same. It was light, tasty and just plain delicious.

Thankyou Harrolds for such a culinary delight and how lucky you Orgers are to have such exponents of the art in the town.

Five star haggis! :)

ducati
09-Nov-11, 23:17
One of the wee souvenirs that we brought back from Thurso was a haggis from Harrolds butchers. It was frozen and we clapped it in the freezer when we got home. We finally had it tonight.

I have to say that it is without doubt the best haggis I have ever tasted in my life - Mrs L thinks the same. It was light, tasty and just plain delicious.

Thankyou Harrolds for such a culinary delight and how lucky you Orgers are to have such exponents of the art in the town.

Five star haggis! :)

Breeding season now so you will have to wait for your next one :(

Moira
09-Nov-11, 23:53
Glad you both enjoyed it John.

It must have been a female haggis freshly shot and hung the week you bought it. More expensive too, I'll warrant.
The male variety tends to be drier, less popular and cheaper. ;)

gerry4
10-Nov-11, 09:48
we owned a shop which sold haggis's from Dingwall. When we told a tourist about how we went out early morning to shoot them, he started to cry