PDA

View Full Version : Bus Toilet stop

Fran
09-Nov-11, 02:31
Am I right thaT WHEN THE BUS STOPS AT Dornoch EN ROUTE TO Inverness, THIS IS A TOILET STOP?

suth13
09-Nov-11, 06:17
Yes your right fran.

Corrie 3
09-Nov-11, 10:49
And a Fag stop !!!

C3..............:roll:;)

aidipi
09-Nov-11, 11:40
Just be careful if you do get off the bus. My friends went to the toilet and came straight back out and saw the bus heading off. They were stranded and had to get a taxi ti Inverness for a hospital appointment! The driver should have checked his numbers. Needless to say the bus company had to pay out.

Eilanboy
09-Nov-11, 11:57
Am I right thaT WHEN THE BUS STOPS AT Dornoch EN ROUTE TO Inverness, THIS IS A TOILET
STOP?

Why do you need a toilet stop when there is a toilet on the bus.Always thought this practice was introduced when there wasn,t any busses with toilets.Trainsdo not stop on route for one.As for smokers tough they should be able to do without a fag for the length of the journey

Kodiak
09-Nov-11, 14:10
Why do you need a toilet stop when there is a toilet on the bus.Always thought this practice was introduced when there wasn,t any busses with toilets.Trainsdo not stop on route for one.As for smokers tough they should be able to do without a fag for the length of the journey

Do they have a Toilet on the Bus?

I do not know, but last year there were plenty of complaints here at the org from members about there being No Toilet on the Inverness Bus.

Perhaps a member who uses the Thurso/Wick to Inverness Bus can Advise us if there is a Toilet on the Bus or Not.

Hogfather
09-Nov-11, 14:29
The 'new' buses all have toilets, so assume that the Dornoch stop is now only a toilet stop if it's an old bus (without a toilet) doing the run - guess if you wander off without telling the driver you're coming back, there's a fair chance you'll be left ;)

billmoseley
09-Nov-11, 20:31
it is only a toilet stop if the bus is running to time. yes all the new buses do have toilets

oldmarine
09-Nov-11, 22:18
And a Fag stop !!!

C3..............:roll:;)
Corrie 3: How do you know it's a Fag stop? Did you have an experience? lol!

Dadie
09-Nov-11, 23:04
Think the right teminology is a "comfort stop" pee/smoke/fresh air/stretch the legs etc...

Fran
10-Nov-11, 02:39
A friend was desperate for the loo while on the bus but knew she would get to a toilet at the stop at Dornoch. she had not had a drink before leaving home hoping she wouldnt need to go. The driver got off the bus and had a fag and was on his mobile. she said she was off to the loo and he said no time we are off. There were no further stops and she had thought of getting him to stop at a hotel or somewhere to let her off and she would have to get another bus. By the time she got to Inverness she could hardly walk with the pain and discomfort she was in. She had to see a doctor and she has stretched her bladder.I told her to complain but she wont.No toilet on the bus and not a new bus. Plus waiting for another bus at Dunbeath would have made her cold.

oldmarine
10-Nov-11, 04:16
Corrie 3: How do you know it's a Fag stop? Did you have an experience? lol!
Sorry Corrie. I had the wrong Fag in mind when I made this comment.

Corrie 3
10-Nov-11, 10:21
Sorry Corrie. I had the wrong Fag in mind when I made this comment.
No worries Oldmarine, it's only the nicotine variety that I put between my lips!!!

C3.................:lol::lol:;)

Fran
11-Nov-11, 18:25
I am quite surprised that no one else has had this problem with the inverness buses. I was lead to beleive that there were toilets on the bus and Dornoch was a toilet stop but i dont use buses, I go by car.

orkneycadian
12-Nov-11, 16:38
The driver got off the bus and had a fag and was on his mobile. she said she was off to the loo and he said no time we are off.

Maybe she should have gone to the loo when the bus first stopped, not waited until the driver had had a fag (of whichever variety ;) ), made a phone call and was about to set off again?

Torvaig
12-Nov-11, 19:14
Fran, I do hope your friend isn't a member of the org as I'm sure she would be mortified at her personal details and her bad experience being posted for all to see even though we don't know who she is.

Instead of coming on here and complaining of her treatment and expecting goodness knows what to happen by doing so, sit down and write a letter to the bus company explaining what went on and ask them to ensure that no passenger is treated in the same way again.

Tell them it is important that your friend doesn't know about your complaint and do not give them your friend's details to ensure they do not contact her as she won't want a fuss made.

That way your friend need never know what you did for her and she will not be embarrassed about the incident being publicised like this and hopefully, by your taking action, no-one else need go through the same distressing scenario again.

That's what a real friend would do.....:)

changilass
12-Nov-11, 19:34
Torvaig was going to give you rep, but aparrently I aint spreading it about enough.

Cracking reply

Moira
13-Nov-11, 02:04
Ditto Changi. Apparently, I have to spread it around too.

Well said Torvaig! :)

Fran
15-Nov-11, 03:35
Why do you need a toilet stop when there is a toilet on the bus.Always thought this practice was introduced when there wasn,t any buss
es with toilets.Trainsdo not stop on route for one.As for smokers tough they should be able to do without a fag for the length of the journey

The bus did not have a toilet on it. over 3 hours on a bus is a long wait for the loo. Trains do not need to stop for a toilet as there are toilets on them.
#
The lady concerned does know I have written this and had hoped to hear from someone else this happened to. She was led to beleive the buses had toilets on them and also that dornoch was a toilet stop yet she was not allowed to go, by the driver, who then had a cigarette and a chat on his mobile.She has had to see her doctor after this incident.

Eilanboy
15-Nov-11, 10:31
As Torvaig suggests a strong letter to the head of the bus company is needed demanding to know why one of the six new busses purchased for this route was not available given that he made the statement when he launched them that there would always be a bus with a toilet on it on this route