PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Torch

gerry4
07-Nov-11, 13:19
I am confused, this site is reporting the Torch is coming to JOG. If you look at the official London 2012 site JOG is not mentioned. Who is correct?

mi16
07-Nov-11, 13:32
who cares?.......

Kodiak
07-Nov-11, 14:10
I know of one Local Person who is in the running (pardon the pun) for taking the Torch through Caithness. I cant say who it is as I promised not to say so please do not ask. So since the torch is coming to Caithness and then on to Orkney I presume it will be going Via the John O'Groats Ferry. I dont know this but it is what I presumed.

All we can do is wait and see what happens. I am sure we will all know long before the ecent.

gerry4
07-Nov-11, 14:35
just seems strange that small places like Tomintoul are mentioned but nowhere from Inverness to Lerwick is.

Kodiak
07-Nov-11, 14:45
Just seen the Map of Route on Reporting Scotland. The Route looks like it will be going from Inverness and through Thurso to Orkney. As I said before we will have to wait and see what happens.

gerry4
07-Nov-11, 14:56
depends on if they are going by road or air

Phill
07-Nov-11, 15:03
The first problem is that most of the Larnduners in Ingurlandashire don't really know where Inverness is and think that only the Arctic circle is North of it. The Olympics bods don't really give a toss about where it goes once it's North of Watford, they just expect everyone to be proud and happy at all the money they've pished up the wall on it in our name.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/torch.jpg

What should be a matter for concern is according to the Official Olympic map (above) the torch is going to go directly through Portgower :eek::eek:
It's my understanding that unless the flame actually gets to the big gashob thingy there will be no Olympics, I fear this could be the end of the Olympics!!!

dessie
08-Nov-11, 15:45
if you go to bbc.co.uk/2012 its supposed to give you the correct route

Tilly Teckel
08-Nov-11, 17:08
Apparently there is nothing between Inverness and Kirkwall, according to the BBC route anyway. They appear to be flying from Inverness to Kirkwall, then back from Stornoway to Aberdeen. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13391986
Strangely though, I think I quite like being invisible!

Maybe we should make our own Olympic torch and have a sponsored run around the north-east? At least it would do some good for us!

Humerous Vegetable
08-Nov-11, 17:37
Apparently the Westminster government has spent threequarters of a million pounds of taxpayers' money on tickets for themselves. http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/nov/07/london-2012-government-spends-tickets This after diverting squillions of £s of lottery money to pay for an event which will only benefit London. Now we are paying for David Cameron and Nick Clegg and their acolytes to attend, no doubt in the process picking up the tab for their travel and accommodation. I fail to see why anybody outside the south-east of England would be getting excited about a spit in their direction, which is all this torch thing is.

gerry4
08-Nov-11, 19:04
i wish that Bill or who ever put on the front page that it was coming here would say where they got it from.
I don't really give a dam but I am sure other folks around here would, especially the kids.