PDA

View Full Version : Hello, could I speak to John Wayne please?

DrSzin
19-Oct-06, 20:04
No, I'm not joking! That's what I'm going to say if I have to phone SGN (Scotia Gas Networks) one more time today. How difficult is it for them to send someone around to switch my gas back on? Answer: far more difficult than you could possibly imagine.

I'm not going to tell the whole story here because my blood is close to boiling-point already.

Gawd, what a bunch of cowboys...

the charlatans
19-Oct-06, 20:07
'Get off your horse and drink your milk'

much sympathy to you.

Kingetter
19-Oct-06, 20:56
No, I'm not joking! That's what I'm going to say if I have to phone SGN (Scotia Gas Networks) one more time today. How difficult is it for them to send someone around to switch my gas back on? Answer: far more difficult than you could possibly imagine.

I'm not going to tell the whole story here because my blood is close to boiling-point already.

Gawd, what a bunch of cowboys...

Cowboys? sure, here's their transport but where are they?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i102/OpenandShut/Fun/Texas20Limo.jpg

caithness import
19-Oct-06, 21:05
Can you threaten to change your supplier, what with the open utility markets of today?

DrSzin
19-Oct-06, 21:17
SGN aren't the supplier, they run the network so you don't have any choice about dealing with them.

Someone eventually appeared about an hour ago. He turned the gas back on but now the boiler won't light. He claimed this wasn't his responsibility and asked if the boiler was under a maintenance contract. So I phoned Scottish Gas Homecare. They will send someone to look at it between 12 and 6 tomorrow afternoon. So I will have to take another afternoon off work tomorrow. Grrrrrr!

Yup, SGN caused the problem but it's up to Scottish Gas to fix it. I am now mentally composing a letter to SGN's complaints department - on the advice of the guy who came round tonight. :roll:

Cowboys indeed...

golach
19-Oct-06, 21:24
SGN aren't the supplier, they run the network so you don't have any choice about dealing with them.
Someone eventually appeared about an hour ago. He turned the gas back on but now the boiler won't light. He claimed this wasn't his responsibility and asked if the boiler was under a maintenance contract. So I phoned Scottish Gas Homecare. They will send someone to look at it between 12 and 6 tomorrow afternoon. So I will have to take another afternoon off work tomorrow. Grrrrrr!
Yup, SGN caused the problem but it's up to Scottish Gas to fix it. I am now mentally composing a letter to SGN's complaints department - on the advice of the guy who came round tonight. :roll:
Cowboys indeed...
Mrs G says poor old Doc, come down here, you can warm your tootsies at my radiator :lol:

DrSzin
19-Oct-06, 22:09
Thanks golach, I might have taken Mrs G up on her kind offer, but for the fact that I've finally managed to restart the boiler. A few judicious whacks to the pump seem to have done the trick. :) Before anyone yells at me for being reckless - I was taught this trick by a Scottish Gas engineer when the boiler in my previous house wouldn't start up.

pultneytooner
19-Oct-06, 22:20
Thanks golach, I might have taken Mrs G up on her kind offer, but for the fact that I've finally managed to restart the boiler. A few judicious whacks to the pump seem to have done the trick. :) Before anyone yells at me for being reckless - I was taught this trick by a Scottish Gas engineer when the boiler in my previous house wouldn't start up.
Reckless.........:eek:

Tristan
20-Oct-06, 07:14
So I phoned Scottish Gas Homecare. They will send someone to look at it between 12 and 6 tomorrow afternoon. So I will have to take another afternoon off work tomorrow. Grrrrrr!

They system may have shut down to protect itself. You may just need to hit the reset button on your boiler. If you have your boiler manual it should tell you how to do it.