PDA

View Full Version : opinions needed please

elastic band
06-Nov-11, 15:14
Hi folks,

we currently have Freeview but are finding the service and choices poor - we are considering changing to something like Sky, BT vision or virgin -can anyone give us some advice on best deals, choices etc. Does anyone have something that includes telephone, internet etc and if so -could you give an idea on price.

hubby loves sci=fi stuff don't really need sport or kiddies stuff apart from that we are pretty easy bunch to please

thanks for any advice etc

mo

Leanne
06-Nov-11, 15:16
Sky are doing a good deal at the mo. BT vision is good but generally the internet up here isn't strong enough to support it, and you can't get virgin :(

bigk
06-Nov-11, 16:01
we have sky for our tv phone and broadband,we pay around £50 a month but thats for unlimited internet at any time of day and free calls day and night...they do cheaper packages as well it all depends on what access you want when you use your phone most and what channel packages you want,we have been with sky quite q while now and are really happy with the service....hope this helps.

Leanne
06-Nov-11, 16:09
Got me thinking and I've just checked out Sky to get all mine in one. I'm currently with Virgin for Broadband and Post Office for line rental. Sky came out dearer so I decided to cancel my package and save me £20 a month. I phoned up to cancel and all of a sudden they were offering me 6 months half price line rental and 6 months 25% discount on my TV. So with what I saved I've now got HD :)

EDDIE
06-Nov-11, 17:25
I have just got free view it does me fine if there is nothing on I just find something else to do it must be handy having sky but I just grudge the monthly payments.I have thought about buying the apple tv it's a little black box its about £100 to buy and just fits to to the back of the tv via hdmi and connects up via ure router and you just rent films as when u need to to but u need to have unlimited broadband usage for that.

Frith
06-Nov-11, 17:33
Just get the very cheapest sky package, its about £20, a few sci fi channels on it, and cbs action are showing star trek TNG right through again. my life is complete.

elastic band
15-Nov-11, 13:29
thanks to everyone who took the time to reply -much appreciated. Have decided to give a few a ring and see what deals they can offer -when i get days off to chase this up i'll let you all know -it may help to save someone else some pennies.

thanks again everyone

orkneycadian
15-Nov-11, 23:57
we have sky for our tv phone and broadband,we pay around £50 a month but thats for unlimited internet at any time of day and free calls day and night...

:eek: Wow! £600 a year for staying in?