PDA

View Full Version : Freeview Problems

Kevin Milkins
05-Nov-11, 00:31
Is anyone else getting problems with Freeview just now?

I noticed for the last few days that most of my Freeview channels are not available and it is saying, "Freeview signal poor or too low level".

I was wondering if it is something to do with my equipment or is a a general signal problem in the area?

Aaldtimer
05-Nov-11, 04:10
No problems with Freeview here in Thurso tonight between 6pm and 8.30 pm...switched off after that.

Liz
05-Nov-11, 19:44
No problems here either Kevin.

Can you get a loan of a Freeview box? My brother has my spare one or you could have had mine.

Kodiak
05-Nov-11, 19:51
I would suggest that you contact our very own Moonboots here at the org as I am sure he would be able to give you some advice.

Also Freeview is working fine for me but I dont use very often as I have SKY.

gingernut
05-Nov-11, 19:59
We had problems with freeview last night (Dunnet area) but back to normal today.

david
05-Nov-11, 20:21
No problems with Freeview here in Thurso tonight between 6pm and 8.30 pm...switched off after that.

We have problems with Channel 11,12 and another one. Westerdale area as of last week.

gollach
05-Nov-11, 21:18
Problems here in Thurso last few days but told box to rescan for new channels and all working fine now.

upolian
05-Nov-11, 22:11
Upon readin this...i can't get any freeview channels to work :(

Kevin Milkins
06-Nov-11, 00:35
Thank you everyone for the replies, I have BT Total Vision and I have done a reboot to the the system and the router but still the same so I may have a look at the aerial in the attic tomorrow.

I don't get the chance to watch much TV nowadays anyway, but it's annoying when you pay for something that's not working properly.

MR_A
06-Nov-11, 12:41
I had the same problem and error with some channels on BT Vision but after unplugging the vision box for an hour and then rescanning channels they all came back

gollach
06-Nov-11, 12:55
Thank you everyone for the replies, I have BT Total Vision and I have done a reboot to the the system and the router but still the same so I may have a look at the aerial in the attic tomorrow.

I don't get the chance to watch much TV nowadays anyway, but it's annoying when you pay for something that's not working properly.

Rebooting is not enough. Go into the settings menu and rescan for new channels. It will bring everything back.

Invisible
07-Nov-11, 14:56
I have recently had problems with signal on certain channels, stv, ch4 and also sometimes on ESPN. This all started two weeks ago and up until that point all was fine with signal. Wonder if the wind is effecting Rumster mast.

Kevin Milkins
07-Nov-11, 19:34
I think I'm getting closer to the problem, my TV that I bought in March started to go wonky with the colour so I took it back and got a new one.

When I tuned it in, it was displaying all the Free View channels so I thought it was a TV problem, however, when I put it through my BT box it went back to poor signal:confused.

The box is about three years old now and is over due for an upgrade so lets see what they have to say about it.