PDA

View Full Version : bonfire [fireworks]

cezzy1234
04-Nov-11, 14:22
i was quite surprised when someone told me the Thurso fireworks is not till the 15 of November can any one tell me if
this is Wright as it normally the first Saturday in November and as i thought it being firework day Saturday it would be on Saturday....

Cattach
04-Nov-11, 14:50
i was quite surprised when someone told me the Thurso fireworks is not till the 15 of November can any one tell me if
this is Wright as it normally the first Saturday in November and as i thought it being firework day Saturday it would be on Saturday....

It is the 12th November. Simply a case of just about every group in the country wanting to put on a display on Saturday. When Bonfire night falls throughout the week then groups go for the weekend before or after and spread events over at least 4 nights but with 5th actually being a Saturday everyone wanted those small number of professional companies for the same evening.

Kodiak
04-Nov-11, 14:52
I do believe that this is correct, the 12th November for Thurso's Firework Display. If I remember correctly it had something to with getting permission.

snow
04-Nov-11, 15:54
Does anybody know when and where all the displays are on? Thanks x

Cattach
04-Nov-11, 18:03
I do believe that this is correct, the 12th November for Thurso's Firework Display. If I remember correctly it had something to with getting permission.

Read previous text for the full and accurate info. I get the feeling that Kodiak is never satisfied that an explanation is
correct in postings. You have it from the 'horse's mouth'!

cezzy1234
04-Nov-11, 18:35
its on at 7 in Thurso thats he normal time

TE=snow;901511]Does anybody know when and where all the displays are on? Thanks x[/QUOTE]

Kodiak
04-Nov-11, 18:45
Read previous text for the full and accurate info. I get the feeling that Kodiak is never satisfied that an explanation is
correct in postings. You have it from the 'horse's mouth'!

What is wrong with you Cattach. I did NOT read your Post. I Read the OP and looked it up and answered. By which time you got in before me. Tsk Tsk!!

Skerries
04-Nov-11, 19:21
Are there any firework displays in Caithness tomorrow evening?

Dadie
04-Nov-11, 19:25
One on at the Portland arms?
On the whats on pages....thats all I found....Im off to scour the local rag...see if there are any more!

Joboco
04-Nov-11, 19:49
It is the 12th November. Simply a case of just about every group in the country wanting to put on a display on Saturday. When Bonfire night falls throughout the week then groups go for the weekend before or after and spread events over at least 4 nights but with 5th actually being a Saturday everyone wanted those small number of professional companies for the same evening.

Does it really matter what everyone else does. The organisers know years in advance (if they check there diary as I'm sure they do) whether the 5th lands on a weekend or not. Surely they could have booked in advance so that local people get a firework display on or around the 5th not a week after.
Whatever next Christmas at new year.

Mystical Potato Head
04-Nov-11, 20:36
What is wrong with you Cattach. I did NOT read your Post. I Read the OP and looked it up and answered. By which time you got in before me. Tsk Tsk!!

What was that "Tanstaffle" translation again?

Wizzbang
05-Nov-11, 01:01
Great news for the poor animals and pets that have to suffer the useless event of the 5th plus the days around the 5th because of thoughtless folk letting them off without warnings. Now there is the 12th to contend with.

Corrie 3
05-Nov-11, 10:30
Great news for the poor animals and pets that have to suffer the useless event of the 5th plus the days around the 5th because of thoughtless folk letting them off without warnings. Now there is the 12th to contend with.
My thoughts exactly Wizzbang, it's time this stupid ritual was stopped as more and more numpties are using fireworks as weapons and causing damage.

C3..........[disgust]

annemarie482
05-Nov-11, 12:21
theres a firework display in keiss tonight from 6.30/7

the hall is open afterwards for hotdogs, music and bar :)

little miss breezy breeks
05-Nov-11, 12:49
theres a firework display in keiss tonight from 6.30/7

the hall is open afterwards for hotdogs, music and bar :)

Where about's in Keiss is the display being held?

Corrie 3
05-Nov-11, 13:50
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-15601323

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15605700

C3.