PDA

View Full Version : John O Groats SYHA closed next season.

cuddlepop
03-Nov-11, 21:41
It would appear that the SYHA have closed John O Groats youth hostel next season.I find this strange as it appears to be a popular youth hostel,well loved and used.Does anyone know why?You'd think with all the money being spent In Groats they'd have kept it open.

Fran
03-Nov-11, 21:47
The hostel is in Canisbay, there isnt one in john o Groats

cuddlepop
04-Nov-11, 10:22
Fran there is an SYHA in just outside Groats but it says on the web site its John O Groats .

Is the one your on about a lovely big white house with red windows because if it is thats the one you cant book.

Gronnuck
04-Nov-11, 11:35
I'm not surprised its to close - it's in the wrong place. My recent expereince is of a couple of guys arriving in Groats on a bus from Wick only to find that the Hostel is miles away in Canisby. I wonder how many other travellers have had this problem.

alistair harper
04-Nov-11, 23:11
I'm not surprised its to close - it's in the wrong place. My recent expereince is of a couple of guys arriving in Groats on a bus from Wick only to find that the Hostel is miles away in Canisby. I wonder how many other travellers have had this problem
loads of backpackers got on the bus and asked for john o groats but fran is right it does say on the one in canisby. groats youth hostel very confuseing for back packers.