PDA

View Full Version : Gas bottles?

Tugmistress
18-Oct-06, 21:39
Here's a question that was posed at work tonight, and quite a few of us are affected as i am sure probably a few other orgers, ...
now that the building supplies place at the bridge has closed down, where can we get replacement gas bottles, the ones that are not calor?

Rheghead
18-Oct-06, 21:44
Will the spot by the station get them in? I asked if they could supply 'patio gas' and they ordered it up for us.

Tugmistress
18-Oct-06, 21:50
not sure rheghead, from what i can gather it wasn't a franchise thing as such, it was the buidling places own gas?

kwbrown111
18-Oct-06, 22:30
I'm sure i read somewhere on the message board thart the building suppies at the station are taking them in

kwbrown111
18-Oct-06, 22:37
found it

"big Pete
Thanks for private message - Thurso Building Supplies (by the railway station) now does Macgas as well - "due to special circumstances"..

Tugmistress
18-Oct-06, 22:42
Thanks folks :)
will let the boys at work know tomorrow :)

bigpete
19-Oct-06, 08:13
Yes, I took my macgas to Thurso Building supplies, it's just that they accept the bottles, but you get Calor bottles in exchange at no charge for the bottles, but it's about £2 more for the actual gas..
I spoke to macgas Office, they tell me nearest stockist is Dingwall and "at the moment we have no plans to provide another supplier of Macgas in the Far North" Hmm, is that business sense?